Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney Chase Rewards Card chances at approval

tag
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Disney Chase Rewards Card chances at approval

@hyprble wrote:

That's good to know they can see my relationship with Chase - I carried a balance for a long time under a long term low interest offer, then it went into some class action lawsuit.  I paid off the card a year ago and keep a 0 balance on it (some months I can't get it down to 0 before the bill cuts, but I never pay interest on this card ever again)

you should be fine than, however your limit maybe not that high

Message 11 of 25
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

@john398 wrote:

Do you have any other cards with Chase? I was able to get the Disney Rewards card on a recon

Nice job...what sort of CL did you get?

Message 12 of 25
john398
Senior Contributor

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:

@john398 wrote:

Do you have any other cards with Chase? I was able to get the Disney Rewards card on a recon

Nice job...what sort of CL did you get?

Only $500 but better than getting declined since I had the HP

Message 13 of 25
Petraeus
Contributor

I noted the same with my chase accounts. I started and maintained a 5K CL on my Disney visa for years and yet recently denied a CLI from 3K to 5K on my Freedom card. I did backdoor and they countered with 4K when they did a manual review of my CR. They didnt like the 11% UT but had a great  payment history and agreed. I know 11% is not the sweetspot but didnt think i would get a flat out denial either.

FICO® Avg: 732 (11/2013)
Notable CC: AMHFCU® PLATINUM MASTERCARD $25K | Chase Marriott Rewards SigVisa $12K | AmEX PRG NPSL | BoA Cash Rewards Signature® Visa $12K | AmEX BCE $9K | Citi Diamond Preferred $10K | Chase Freedom Signature Visa $5K | BoA Travel Rewards® Signature® Visa $5K
Current Overall CL: $139K | UTL: 18% | AAoA 3yrs | Gardening since 11/26/2013
Future CC: Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature®
Future CLI: AmEX BCE 2/2014 | Fico goal: 760+
Message 14 of 25
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Jeez 11 percent and they gave you a hard time... That seems awful extreme
Message 15 of 25
Petraeus
Contributor

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:
Jeez 11 percent and they gave you a hard time... That seems awful extreme

In fairness to discover, it didnt seem like it was a dealbreaker. But at the same time seem to harp on it a bit; fishing to see what  I spent it on. I plan to get UT down to 5-7% within a few months anyway to get ready for an AmEX 3X CLI down the road.

Notable CC: AMHFCU® PLATINUM MASTERCARD $25K | Chase Marriott Rewards SigVisa $12K | AmEX PRG NPSL | BoA Cash Rewards Signature® Visa $12K | AmEX BCE $9K | Citi Diamond Preferred $10K | Chase Freedom Signature Visa $5K | BoA Travel Rewards® Signature® Visa $5K
Message 16 of 25
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Dis you mean Chase, or discover?
Message 17 of 25
Petraeus
Contributor

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:
Dis you mean Chase, or discover?

Sorry I meant to write Chase ...

Message 18 of 25
hyprble
Regular Contributor

Thanks for all your input!  I got the following message:

Congratulations! Your application for Disney Rewards Visa Card has been approved. You will receive your new card and your Cardmember Agreement within 7-10 business days. When your card arrives, simply call the toll-free number provided to confirm receipt.

Is that when I will find out my credit limit?  If I need a higher limit can I try to call / recon?  (it will not give me another hard pull, right?)

Starting Score: 557 (2005)
Current Score: 803
Goal Score: 805

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 25
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

@hyprble wrote:

Thanks for all your input!  I got the following message:

Congratulations! Your application for Disney Rewards Visa Card has been approved. You will receive your new card and your Cardmember Agreement within 7-10 business days. When your card arrives, simply call the toll-free number provided to confirm receipt.

Is that when I will find out my credit limit?  If I need a higher limit can I try to call / recon?  (it will not give me another hard pull, right?)

Congrats!  I would think you can call in to find out your CL.  But if it's not a limit you like, there's a chance they'd pull it again if you recon.  Of course, it doesn't hurt to call in and ask...if they say they need to do a hard pull, you can always say no. 

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.