Senior Contributor

Re: Disney Chase Rewards Card chances at approval

hyprble wrote:

That's good to know they can see my relationship with Chase - I carried a balance for a long time under a long term low interest offer, then it went into some class action lawsuit.  I paid off the card a year ago and keep a 0 balance on it (some months I can't get it down to 0 before the bill cuts, but I never pay interest on this card ever again)

you should be fine than, however your limit maybe not that high

Established Contributor

john398 wrote:

Do you have any other cards with Chase? I was able to get the Disney Rewards card on a recon

Nice job...what sort of CL did you get?

Chase Freedom: $1500, Citi Diamond Preferred: $3000, Barclays: $3900, Chase Disney Visa: $1500, Chase Southwest Signature: $5000, Citi TY Preferred: $3000, Cap One Platinum: $1750, Cap One Platinum Rewards: $2500, Orchard Bank: $900, Kay Store Card: $6600, PayPal $2200
Senior Contributor

EaglesFan2006 wrote:

john398 wrote:

Do you have any other cards with Chase? I was able to get the Disney Rewards card on a recon

Nice job...what sort of CL did you get?

Only $500 but better than getting declined since I had the HP

Contributor

I noted the same with my chase accounts. I started and maintained a 5K CL on my Disney visa for years and yet recently denied a CLI from 3K to 5K on my Freedom card. I did backdoor and they countered with 4K when they did a manual review of my CR. They didnt like the 11% UT but had a great  payment history and agreed. I know 11% is not the sweetspot but didnt think i would get a flat out denial either.

FICO® Avg: 732 (11/2013)
Notable CC: AMHFCU® PLATINUM MASTERCARD $25K | Chase Marriott Rewards SigVisa $12K | AmEX PRG NPSL | BoA Cash Rewards Signature® Visa $12K | AmEX BCE $9K | Citi Diamond Preferred $10K | Chase Freedom Signature Visa $5K | BoA Travel Rewards® Signature® Visa $5K
Current Overall CL: $139K | UTL: 18% | AAoA 3yrs | Gardening since 11/26/2013
Future CC: Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature®
Future CLI: AmEX BCE 2/2014 | Fico goal: 760+
Established Contributor

Jeez 11 percent and they gave you a hard time... That seems awful extreme
Chase Freedom: $1500, Citi Diamond Preferred: $3000, Barclays: $3900, Chase Disney Visa: $1500, Chase Southwest Signature: $5000, Citi TY Preferred: $3000, Cap One Platinum: $1750, Cap One Platinum Rewards: $2500, Orchard Bank: $900, Kay Store Card: $6600, PayPal $2200
Contributor

EaglesFan2006 wrote:
Jeez 11 percent and they gave you a hard time... That seems awful extreme

In fairness to discover, it didnt seem like it was a dealbreaker. But at the same time seem to harp on it a bit; fishing to see what  I spent it on. I plan to get UT down to 5-7% within a few months anyway to get ready for an AmEX 3X CLI down the road.

Notable CC: AMHFCU® PLATINUM MASTERCARD $25K | Chase Marriott Rewards SigVisa $12K | AmEX PRG NPSL | BoA Cash Rewards Signature® Visa $12K | AmEX BCE $9K | Citi Diamond Preferred $10K | Chase Freedom Signature Visa $5K | BoA Travel Rewards® Signature® Visa $5K
Established Contributor

Dis you mean Chase, or discover?
Contributor

EaglesFan2006 wrote:
Dis you mean Chase, or discover?

Sorry I meant to write Chase ...

Regular Contributor

Thanks for all your input!  I got the following message:

Congratulations! Your application for Disney Rewards Visa Card has been approved. You will receive your new card and your Cardmember Agreement within 7-10 business days. When your card arrives, simply call the toll-free number provided to confirm receipt.

Is that when I will find out my credit limit?  If I need a higher limit can I try to call / recon?  (it will not give me another hard pull, right?)

Starting Score: 557 (2005)
Current Score: 803
Goal Score: 805

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor

hyprble wrote:

Thanks for all your input!  I got the following message:

Congratulations! Your application for Disney Rewards Visa Card has been approved. You will receive your new card and your Cardmember Agreement within 7-10 business days. When your card arrives, simply call the toll-free number provided to confirm receipt.

Is that when I will find out my credit limit?  If I need a higher limit can I try to call / recon?  (it will not give me another hard pull, right?)

Congrats!  I would think you can call in to find out your CL.  But if it's not a limit you like, there's a chance they'd pull it again if you recon.  Of course, it doesn't hurt to call in and ask...if they say they need to do a hard pull, you can always say no. 

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.