Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney Credit Card

tag
Warrior2000
Regular Contributor

Disney Credit Card

Anyone has any experience with the approval process? Is it a tough card to get?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disney Credit Card

I haven't applied for this card, but the benefits for the Disney debit card appear to be almost identical to those for the credit card. It's something to consider.

https://disneydebit.com

Message 2 of 16
william23
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I haven't applied for this card, but the benefits for the Disney debit card appear to be almost identical to those for the credit card. It's something to consider.

https://disneydebit.com

True however, the disney card gives you the reward dollars. Chase could be picky.

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had the Disney debit card for a couple years. You are correct they are very similar. I get 10% off with Disney purchases and some other perks. The thing is you are better off using a much higher percentage back card instead of the 1% or 2% with the annual fee. If you use even a Quicksilver at only 1.5% you'd be better off and then just get a Chase debit card.
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

It isn't any harder to get than any other Chase rewards visa - so take that for what it's worth...

The debit version, as previously stated, is free to get if you have a Chase checking account, and its perks are almost as good - of course, being a debit card, it doesn't provide the 6-month financing deal (on Disney vacations) and you don't earn rewards, but truthfully, you'll earn better rewards with other cards anyway - it's a 1% return rate.

I had this one, but ditched it a while back during a card-closing frenzy, because I rarely used it for anything anyway since the rewards were not in line with other cards.

I still have the debit version, so I get the same discounts, free photos, etc, and I use other cards to earn better cash back that can be used for the trip (but doesn't have to be...Disney visa rewards can only be used on Disney purchases, after all).  I still have a Disney logo card (my debit card) and a Disney image credit card (one of my Capital One cards "wears" a photo of the castle that I took on a past trip).

Message 5 of 16
kjm79
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It isn't any harder to get than any other Chase rewards visa - so take that for what it's worth...

The debit version, as previously stated, is free to get if you have a Chase checking account, and its perks are almost as good - of course, being a debit card, it doesn't provide the 6-month financing deal (on Disney vacations) and you don't earn rewards, but truthfully, you'll earn better rewards with other cards anyway - it's a 1% return rate.

I had this one, but ditched it a while back during a card-closing frenzy, because I rarely used it for anything anyway since the rewards were not in line with other cards.

I still have the debit version, so I get the same discounts, free photos, etc, and I use other cards to earn better cash back that can be used for the trip (but doesn't have to be...Disney visa rewards can only be used on Disney purchases, after all).  I still have a Disney logo card (my debit card) and a Disney image credit card (one of my Capital One cards "wears" a photo of the castle that I took on a past trip).

---

You get free photos with the Disney Debit? I'm doing a week in Disney/Cali Adventure in June and I bank with Chase. I would use either my Discover or Quicksilver but since the photos there are so expensive this might be something worth looking into...

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 6 of 16
Warrior2000
Regular Contributor

We travel to Disney at least once a year so I'm just wondering if it's beneficial.
Message 7 of 16
kdm31091
Super Contributor

To me, the Disney card is more about perks vs spending rewards. The points don't add up very quickly. That said, not everyone can get the debit (chase won't allow it if they have no footprint in your state, like me in Delaware).

There's some discounts and perks that can be useful; id really only recommend it to a devoted disney fan.
Message 8 of 16
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

I was sent an offer for the no-fee Disney card with a $200 Disney Gift card sign up bonus with I think $500 spend, so I took it for that. I plan to eventualy move the credit limit to another card.

I seemed to get the offer after wandering around the chase disney credit card web pages for a while, then signining into my Chase account. Then the offer came in the US Mail. It wouldn't hurt to do that occasionally, and then grab the great signup bonus if its offered. Sure they have another version with a $200 signup, but that one has an annual fee.

Just another option.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I agree with what most everyone else has said. Rewards are much lower Han you could get elsewhere so it's just he perk and that is the same for the debit card. Also for me to add a new account the signing bonus is gonna have to be way higher than $200.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.