Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney Credit Card

tag
satasat360
Regular Contributor

Re: Disney Credit Card

@kdm31091 wrote:
To me, the Disney card is more about perks vs spending rewards. The points don't add up very quickly. That said, not everyone can get the debit (chase won't allow it if they have no footprint in your state, like me in Delaware).

There's some discounts and perks that can be useful; id really only recommend it to a devoted disney fan.

wow i didnt know they dont have bank in delaware. My chase credit cards came from delaware.

Starting Score: 669
Current Score: 777
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

You get free photos with the Disney Debit? I'm doing a week in Disney/Cali Adventure in June and I bank with Chase. I would use either my Discover or Quicksilver but since the photos there are so expensive this might be something worth looking into...

Yes.  Debit or credit card, you get one free private meet-and-greet each day you are at the park where it's located.  You get digital download of the photos taken at these meetings for free, too, which you can print or post to facebook or whatever after the trip.

At Disneyland it's in California Adventure near the Mike and Sulley attraction, and in Disney World it's in Epcot in Innoventions West.

You get about five minutes with the characters - usually Mickey or Minnie or Goofy and one of the others, sometimes two others, like Donald or Chip/Dale or Pluto, gererally, and never a princess in the 10ish years I've done it - just you and your family (up to 6 people).  Cardholder must be present, with the card itself in hand.  They don't swipe it or copy it, but they do look at it to make sure it's not expired.

Keep in mind, too, that if you plan on the dining or merch discounts, you have to use the Chase Disney debit/credit card to pay for those transactions too - no flashing the card to get the discount and then paying with a different one.

Message 12 of 16
kjm79
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You get free photos with the Disney Debit? I'm doing a week in Disney/Cali Adventure in June and I bank with Chase. I would use either my Discover or Quicksilver but since the photos there are so expensive this might be something worth looking into...

Yes.  Debit or credit card, you get one free private meet-and-greet each day you are at the park where it's located.  You get digital download of the photos taken at these meetings for free, too, which you can print or post to facebook or whatever after the trip.

At Disneyland it's in California Adventure near the Mike and Sulley attraction, and in Disney World it's in Epcot in Innoventions West.

You get about five minutes with the characters - usually Mickey or Minnie or Goofy and one of the others, sometimes two others, like Donald or Chip/Dale or Pluto, gererally, and never a princess in the 10ish years I've done it - just you and your family (up to 6 people).  Cardholder must be present, with the card itself in hand.  They don't swipe it or copy it, but they do look at it to make sure it's not expired.

Keep in mind, too, that if you plan on the dining or merch discounts, you have to use the Chase Disney debit/credit card to pay for those transactions too - no flashing the card to get the discount and then paying with a different one.

I was literally just reading up on the perks of the card. Great perks but not much in terms of rewards, none really. Hmmm. Rewards or discounts/perks. Definitely something to think about. Thank you for the info!

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good card for perks and those that want to be forced to save for Disney. 

Message 14 of 16
ddemari
Super Contributor

I was just approved for Disney and I wasn't sure if it was one of those Chase cards that can give you a limit of under 5000. But I was approved for 5000 after 19 days pending status. If you can get Hyatt Marriott United etc, Disney isn't hard to get. They did a double pull on EX AND TU. 670s EX and 720s TU
Message 15 of 16
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I'll echo the suggestions for the disney debit card.

The epcot meet and greet (WDW) is kind of lame. Usually the same characters, and the line is usually quite long. Plus once you add in that a lot of the people are bringing children, each family can take quite a few minutes to get their pictures done.

The debit card is a great option since it doesn't require a hard pull or anything, but I still think an annual pass is a more useful item, though it can be quite expensive (i think it's around $800 for non FL residents). Cali is a different story. AP there is like over $1100. Not too sure about the benefits on that side. 

They'll take 4-6 photos, and you'll take a little ticket to the epcot photo center where they'll print out your favorite, add borders, all that jazz. 1 is free. It will also be added to your photopass.

(Fun fact, all photopass photos are free to download for everyone. You can just right click the picture and "Save picture as."). Might be a watermark, but its better than paying for them. Just make sure they scan your ticket/magic band when they take them, same for the ride photos.

If you're an annual passholder, the debit/credit card benefits overlap quite a bit.

The restaurant discounts can up quite quickly if you eat at the fine/signature dining restaurants. Bills can easily top $300 for a party of 3, so saving 10% (or up to 20% with the annual pass at some restaurants) is fantastic. Make sure you check for a list of participating restaurants. Debit card list is kind of meh.

I always recommend at least one person get an annual pass in your travelling party (at least for disney world). between the extensive 10%+ off at restaurants, and the free parking, easily worth it.

Sorry, i'm a disney fan. Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.