Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disover CLI - Recon on new account?

tag
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

Disover CLI - Recon on new account?

Afternoon.  I was approved for a 3300 CL on a Discover card that I app'd on 9/19/2014.  Compared to other accounts that I have opened, this CL is quite low.   If I call and ask for a CLI will they do a SP or HP - considering that I just opened the account, I was hopin a SP.  According to Discover.com site, my fico was 769 on 9/17 -  does this CL seem low or on par for discover?  Anyway, please let me know your thoughts on the CLI.  Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Disover CLI - Recon on new account?

With Discover i dont think you can recon a CL. I have tried when i was approved for 4k because i was needing like 2-3k more. So i asked and was told i need to wait 90 days before any CLI will be given or thought of. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 5
elegia
New Contributor

When I applied for my Discover It I was instantly approved but with a shockingly low starting limit (10-15% of each of my other cards. Heck, it was half the starting limit on my very first credit card, which I got as a grad student with absolutely no credit history at all and an income that was less than half of my salary at the time I applied for Discover) and the worst APR I've ever been given. Tried to recon both and was told that I'd have to wait at least 90 days before requesting a CLI and wait until the 0% promo period had ended before requesting a APR decrease. Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 5
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

It is not just about your credit score.  Income and expenses are just as important for your CL.   If your CL is not big enough, max it out and PIF a few times.  

Message 4 of 5
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Discover had  me started with 25% of most other cards CL and stayed like this for 15 months... kept trying every 3 months for CLI with no success but on 15th statement got accepted for double CL and another 3 months later another increase and now it is pretty much in line with my other cards...  With Discover you just need a bit of patience it will grow with time Smiley Happy  For me the reason for no CLI was my massive credit extention.. I added over 100K in less than 6 months and I can understand the concerns Discover had. To my surprise they finally did allow me to increase Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.