Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disparity between credit limits of newly approved cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disparity between credit limits of newly approved cards

@Anonymous wrote:

Interestingly, the Amex card was first and the two Chase cards we're last with the $10,000 card being second to last and the $12,500 card being the absolute last. In total I did four applications, the first two of which we're approved for $1,000 lines of credit. 

Use them wisely and they will all grow. What was the other card approved for $1K?

Message 11 of 15
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

Each creditor weighs each of the credit approving criteria differently and coupled with how conservative they are as a whole thus they vary in their approval limits. Plus depending on the order of your spree you could have applied for a card that is inquiry sensitive. If you applied for that card last they would see all the fresh inquiries and maybe give a lower limit than you would have gotten if you applied for them first. Plus each creditor weighs things differently. For instance you'll read on here that creditors are bankrutpcy sensitive (AMEX) while others aren't (Capital One). That's why I have to wait for their 5 year rule in 2018 to apply for one of the AMEX cards. While right now I have a Capital One card with over a $36K limit. 

Also, take care of the cards and watch them grow! 

Personal:

Business:

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@satasat360 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Interestingly, the Amex card was first and the two Chase cards we're last with the $10,000 card being second to last and the $12,500 card being the absolute last. In total I did four applications, the first two of which we're approved for $1,000 lines of credit. 

If you dont mind me asking which Amex card you applied? Their underwriting is stricter with BCE and BCP when compared to other cards. I started with 2k on my BCE and now at 32k in 2.5 years, so if yours is BCE and if you treat it nicely you can grow CLI's 9x within a year.

It was the EveryDay card. Yeah, I plan on going for a CLI after a few months of use to help with Utilization.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Use them wisely and they will all grow. What was the other card approved for $1K?

Indeed. I am not even unhappy with the situation: the Chase cards were the ones I liked the most. I will be applying for the CSP card in a while too. Hopefully they still like me as much. The Discover It card. 

Message 14 of 15
awp317
Frequent Contributor

Chase has always been the most generous with me, even allowing me to go well above my SL sometimes.  But I also have the majority of my investments with them so that may help. 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.