Established Contributor
n777ua

Dispute Oddity

I had an unusual result with a dispute I recently filed.  

I disputed a 60day on two accounts closed a few years back, one Orchard and another HSBC.  I got the results today, and instead of fixing the 60day...they deleted the entire tradeline...the account and all history is gone.  Anyone else had anything like this happen ? 

Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE $19.7k, Amex HH Surpass $11.3k, Amex Simply Cash Business $3k, Chase Ink Bold $15k (flex)Chase Sapphire Preffered $26k, Citi Diamond $13.3k, Citi TY Preferred $10.5k, Virgin Atlantic Amex $8k, Discover Motiva $10k, Boa World Elite $10k, US Bank Visa $4.1k, GE Amazon $4k, GE Lowes $6k, BillMeLater $5.3k, Target $.2k, CapOne $2k Von Maur NPSL,
Established Contributor
Cadillac-XTS

Re: Dispute Oddity

Congrats

Mega Contributor
LS2982

n777ua wrote:

I disputed a 60day on two accounts closed a few years back, one Orchard and another HSBC.  I got the results today, and instead of fixing the 60day...they deleted the entire tradeline...the account and all history is gone.  Anyone else had anything like this happen ? 

Sometimes that does happen, and in some cases does more damage then good (killing someone's AAoA). They consider the entire TL inaccurate and delete.

Hopefully its helped you more than hurt, CONGRATS!!

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Established Contributor
n777ua

LS2982 wrote:

Sometimes that does happen, and in some cases does more damage then good (killing someone's AAoA).

Which it looks like it did, not sure how accurate creditkarma is but my scores are down about 20 points....swell.

Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE $19.7k, Amex HH Surpass $11.3k, Amex Simply Cash Business $3k, Chase Ink Bold $15k (flex)Chase Sapphire Preffered $26k, Citi Diamond $13.3k, Citi TY Preferred $10.5k, Virgin Atlantic Amex $8k, Discover Motiva $10k, Boa World Elite $10k, US Bank Visa $4.1k, GE Amazon $4k, GE Lowes $6k, BillMeLater $5.3k, Target $.2k, CapOne $2k Von Maur NPSL,
Valued Contributor
jamesdwi

n777ua wrote:

This is what I am affraid of, I have two HSBC cards misreporting, both are closed with a zero balance, no negatives but both are reporting open in good standing one with a $69 balance its AF, that has been reversed in the system. So I let sleeping dogs lye and aging, when they get around to closing them I will get 10 years of good reporting from that date instead of 6 months ago when I closed them. If i dispute them they might get closed and they are among some of my oldest TL's no reason to risk deletion.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak 4.6k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Zync NPSL, Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 3.9k, Walmart 4.5k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 6.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP 4/26//2014 no plans for new credit I think I have enough.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}