cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disversify my wallet

Contributor

Disversify my wallet

Backstory: I'm currently in the process of getting a mortgage, so I won't be applying for anything until sometime after I close. With that said, I'd like to disversify my wallet and get some good quality cards. Right now, my mid-score is about 680 and I've only got a BofA secured card for $1,000. My question to you is, what would some good cards to apply for? I'd really like to get some sort of rewards based cards.

Cards in my wallet: BofA 1-2-3 Rewards - $3,000 (5/2012), Walmart - $350 (9/2012), Home Depot - $500 (10/2012), US Bank - $1,000 (11/2012)
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES
Regular Contributor

Re: Disversify my wallet

There are a lot of good rewards cards to choose from, give us a little more background on your current credit history... AAoA, Util %, late payments??? Do you know if the 680 score is your true Fico score and do you  know your other scores?

Fico Scores: TU 700 (10/12/2016) EQ 729 (10/01/2016) EX 713 (10/01/16)

AMEX BCP $25,000 (opened 09/2012) - Citi TYP $12,000 (opened 12/2012) Chase Sapphire Preffered $6000 (opened 09/2012)
Message 2 of 9
Frequent Contributor

Re: Disversify my wallet

Chase Freedom

AMEX BCE

Discover It

 

You should get those easy.  

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 3 of 9
Contributor

Re: Disversify my wallet


irving_magik wrote:

There are a lot of good rewards cards to choose from, give us a little more background on your current credit history... AAoA, Util %, late payments??? Do you know if the 680 score is your true Fico score and do you  know your other scores?


I've had the BofA card for about 6 months. No late payments. Current util is about 8%.

My score was a lender pull.  TU- 689, EX 679, and EQ 661.

Cards in my wallet: BofA 1-2-3 Rewards - $3,000 (5/2012), Walmart - $350 (9/2012), Home Depot - $500 (10/2012), US Bank - $1,000 (11/2012)
Message 4 of 9
Contributor

Re: Disversify my wallet


Razeus wrote:

Chase Freedom

AMEX BCE

Discover It

 

You should get those easy.  


Thank you. What kind of rewards do those offer?

Cards in my wallet: BofA 1-2-3 Rewards - $3,000 (5/2012), Walmart - $350 (9/2012), Home Depot - $500 (10/2012), US Bank - $1,000 (11/2012)
Message 5 of 9
Frequent Contributor

Re: Disversify my wallet


bellrod44 wrote:

Razeus wrote:

Chase Freedom

AMEX BCE

Discover It

 

You should get those easy.  


Thank you. What kind of rewards do those offer?


Not so sure that you would qualify for a bce. Unfortunately it would be a bit of a long shot with a 669 ex score. You would be much better off trying for the AMEX Zync instead as your approval odds would be much better.

 

Razeus- just noticed a thread you made where you said income was 120k. I'm thinking this helped you get over the top for the bce with your scores and might be the exception more than the rule. Although I do agree that the op has a good shot for the freedom and it cards.

 

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 6 of 9
Contributor

Re: Disversify my wallet


OptimasPrime wrote:

bellrod44 wrote:

Razeus wrote:

Chase Freedom

AMEX BCE

Discover It

 

You should get those easy.  


Thank you. What kind of rewards do those offer?


Not so sure that you would qualify for a bce. Unfortunately it would be a bit of a long shot with a 669 ex score. You would be much better off trying for the AMEX Zync instead as your approval odds would be much better.

 

Razeus- just noticed a thread you made where you said income was 120k. I'm thinking this helped you get over the top for the bce with your scores and might be the exception more than the rule. Although I do agree that the op has a good shot for the freedom and it cards.

 


Good info. I just updated my earlier post with my scores. I realized the CR I used was from June, I knew my math didn't add up.

 

I appreciate it. I'm just sick of having a non-rewards based card.

Cards in my wallet: BofA 1-2-3 Rewards - $3,000 (5/2012), Walmart - $350 (9/2012), Home Depot - $500 (10/2012), US Bank - $1,000 (11/2012)
Message 7 of 9
Regular Contributor

Re: Disversify my wallet

Would definately suggest apping for the Freedom. I love mine and use it all the time!

Ex 752 (Amex) Tu 758 (Walmart) Eq 703
Goal: 750+ on all
Current Cards: Cap1 Cash Back; Chase Freedom; Chase Amazon; Citi Thank You; Citi Forward; Discover iT; Amex Zync; GE WalMart; BoA 3-2-1
Message 8 of 9
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Disversify my wallet

You could also try adding 1-2-3 rewards to your boa card in spite of the fact that it is secured. It should only be a soft pull (if they even check your credit at all) and bofa seems to be doing it for just about everyone, including those with secured cards.

 

I recommend calling the secured accounts backdoor number in the sticky to see if they can help you out.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 9 of 9