Did you mean: 

Ditch CSP & get citi costco visa?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ditch CSP & get citi costco visa?

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

In my eyes it really comes down to cash back vs UR points. Just one thing to remember for citi costco is you only get cashback once a year. You don't get cashback every statement like most other cashback cards. 

As others have posted if you have CSP+Freedom combo its pretty nice. I am probably going to pc my chase hyatt to an FU so next year i can get 1.5 UR at costco which isn't too shabby. 

You can PC co brand cards to FU?

I don't think Chase PCs co-branded cards to bank cards, or vice versa.

Message 11 of 18
yfan
Valued Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

Ever rent a car?  CSP is primary coverage on insurance.  Insurance coverage on 5  day rental pays for the AF, CSP also have many other perks, which makes the card one of the best cards in the Credit industry. 

Primary CDW coverage is an attractive feature for sure, but any Amex with an add-on feature can do this - for $18 one-time fee per rental for Californians (I think $25 for residents of other states), and that coverage includes a broader range of vehicles. This would of course depend on how many rentals OP has per year and what other cards they have (for example, the Amex point is moot if you don't have an Amex).

OP - as you can see, it's difficult to say whether you would benefit from ditching the CSP without knowing how much you value UR points, what other cards you have, and what your rewards mix is.

Message 12 of 18
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

In my eyes it really comes down to cash back vs UR points. Just one thing to remember for citi costco is you only get cashback once a year. You don't get cashback every statement like most other cashback cards. 

As others have posted if you have CSP+Freedom combo its pretty nice. I am probably going to pc my chase hyatt to an FU so next year i can get 1.5 UR at costco which isn't too shabby. 

You can PC co brand cards to FU?

I don't think Chase PCs co-branded cards to bank cards, or vice versa.

Well I just sent an SM to chase inquiring about this because if its not the case it could mess up my plans quite an bit :-(

The original plan was to downgrade my EDP to ED and just use it as an grocery card, and then have my FU as my every day card so i don't have to worry too much about meet min swipes. My Gasoline purchases would be moved over to either ty premeir or ink plus, depending on whether i need more typ or UR points. 

Will see how it all turns out this could throw an major wrench in my plans. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 13 of 18
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Two completely different cards. The card is really a waste if you don't have a Costco membership.

Well you need a membership to have the card.... its mutually exclusive.

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 14 of 18
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

Ever rent a car?  CSP is primary coverage on insurance.  Insurance coverage on 5  day rental pays for the AF, CSP also have many other perks, which makes the card one of the best cards in the Credit industry. 

With citi, they either love you, hate you or simply tollerate you. if its the later you get a starting limit, it never changes unless it costs you a HP, which isn't worth it for me. 

Other cards offer it as well Plus Amex offers premium coverage should you need it and from semi personal experience worth the $25 per charge

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 15 of 18
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@ mongstradamus - Did Chase give any insight to this?

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 16 of 18
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@rm21 well since my chase Hyatt isn't a year old they say their are no options for pc. That was via SM ,when af date comes a bit closer I will call and see what can be done.

I made an pretty bad mistake when I closed my csp I should have pced that to the FU instead I moved credit limit to my regular freedom oopsies. I shall learn from my mistakes for next time lol

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

He can get costco if he wants. Doesn't mean he needs to ditch CSP.  I wouldn't close the Chase flagship card, absolutely not.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.