cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do 0% Promotional offers exist for the Barclays Ring Card?

tag
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: Do 0% Promotional offers exist for the Barclays Ring Card?

@Dustink wrote:

Slate!

No fee and long term no interest.

Could app for Slate and Ring. Slate for now, then transfer to Ring later.

I think the credit union offer is still better...

But believe me, I've been racking my brain to figure out something that avoids fees and interest altogether over the long term. Doesn't appear to be an easy way. 

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 11 of 13
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

Slate!

No fee and long term no interest.

Could app for Slate and Ring. Slate for now, then transfer to Ring later.

I think the credit union offer is still better...

But believe me, I've been racking my brain to figure out something that avoids fees and interest altogether over the long term. Doesn't appear to be an easy way. 

I can't imagine why banks aren't racing to offer such things!

I think the key is that we don't have the concept of contracts for credit cards.  If you had to stay with an issuer for a certain length of time, or charge so much, or pay an early termination fee (like cell phone contracts) things could be more creative.   But no fee, no interest, and being free to leave as soon as the 0% period ends leaves no way for the bank to be sure of making money (especially as you probably don't want to make any purchases on the card either).

Message 12 of 13
LilNYC
New Contributor

Penfed offers 4.99% apr on balance transfers for the life of the balances + no transaction fee if the balances are transferred within the first few months.
Citi Thank You $13,200 - Chase Freedom $3,100 - AMEX Zync NPSL (init. ability $17.5K) - Citi Forward $7,000 - AMEX BCP $6,000 - USAA Rate Adv $15,000 - USAA World MC $12,000 - Discover More $4,000 - Amex Hilton Honors $4,500 - Amex SPG $2,000 - Barclay's Priceline Rewards $6,400 - Chase Sapphire Pref. $7,500

EQ: 794. TU: 704. EX: 755
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.