Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Barclays cards grow?

tag
xRayTony
Valued Member

Re: Do Barclays cards grow?

I apped for the Barclays Reward MC on June 25th getting an initial CL of $500 and my statement that cut yesterday had an automatic increase to $1,200.

I put over $1,000 on it each month making probably 10 payments a month on it (I know, overkill) so maybe that played a role in it. It has become my debit card due to me already getting paid about $125 to use it with the rewards. 

Message 11 of 16
bs6054
Valued Contributor

My Baclays Reward got an auto CLI after 6 months.  From previous threads, that's not uncommon.   I had opened 3 cards between opening the Barclays and the auto-CLI 6 months later.

Message 12 of 16
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

I went from $1200-$12500 in a little over a year's time on my Barclaycard Rewards MC.  BK7 from '06.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 13 of 16
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@visorboy1974 wrote:

I went from $1200-$12500 in a little over a year's time on my Barclaycard Rewards MC.  BK7 from '06.  

Wow, nice! How? Auto/manual CLI's? Hard/soft pulls?

Message 14 of 16
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@kevinjjc wrote:

@visorboy1974 wrote:

Wow, nice! How? Auto/manual CLI's? Hard/soft pulls?

1 auto, 2 manual HP.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 15 of 16
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I hope to get my first CLI from them next month.  I hope it is without a HP!  I have heard they are fairly good to deal with.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.