Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do CCCs care about amount of returns?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do CCCs care about amount of returns?

I'm just wondering if it affects your account in anyway ie deters ability to receive CLI
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

Re: Do CCCs care about amount of returns?

I think they do care, because you gonna be spending a lot of money on gas going back and forth to the stores to return items, and you will not be able to pay your bills.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you planning to make purchases to show usage and then return the items later? Or are you working on a project that may require you to return or exchange some items you purchased?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm guessing that so long as they recover the rewards, they don't really care.
Message 4 of 7
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Is there a reason you plan on making a lot of returns? Instead of worrying about whether a CCC cares, worry about why you need to do that...seems like a hassle.

I don't think they care, but they will take back the rewards.

Message 5 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm just wondering if it affects your account in anyway ie deters ability to receive CLI

CLI's are based primarily on credit and income.  Returns are not a factor that I'm aware of.  However, a significant number of returns may raise red flags for other reasons.  Not all creditors are the same so you really can't rely on such a broad generalization about how different creditors will respond to such activity.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

Are you planning to make purchases to show usage and then return the items later? Or are you working on a project that may require you to return or exchange some items you purchased?

Indeed it was for a project, where I tried out parts to make the best fit. Some of them didn't work, so I had to return.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.