Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do CCCs have App Memory?

tag
ntx
Regular Contributor

Do CCCs have App Memory?

Hi -

Does anyone know if credit card lenders keep records of apps, including denial reasons, say beyond 60-90 days?

Let's say I have a BK on my CR, and am denied on an app today due at least in part to that reporting BK.

Now, three years down the road, after that BK has fallen off my CR, I want to apply for that same card.

Will that provider's own internal records of today's app still contain reference to that BK, so that all future apps will be denied due to that?

Or is each app a "fresh start" so to speak?  

Thanks!

NTX

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Do CCCs have App Memory?

Very interesting question!

Of course, fresh start does not include banks you already had accounts with and maybe BK them before?

Message 2 of 5
ntx
Regular Contributor

Right, fresh start definitely wouldn't include IIB etc.

I meant a lender not IIB, and that you've never done business with before.

Message 3 of 5
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@ntx wrote:

Right, fresh start definitely wouldn't include IIB etc.

I meant a lender not IIB, and that you've never done business with before.

I think they do not keep data on previous applications for several reasons.  

I think there are legal issues with using old credit reports.   They have to disclose to you which CR is pulled when they decline on something that is not on your current CR, that could be a problem legally.

Most approvals are based on more recent activity, so the current data is more relevant.    Also keeping older reports adds a lot of cost and complication to the approval process whether done by computer algorithm or by hand.

That's my reaoning.   Anyone actually know?

Message 4 of 5
ntx
Regular Contributor

Those are good points Wolf3 - thanks!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.