cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do CLI request with US BANK always take days to process?

tag
IWOL
Established Contributor

Do CLI request with US BANK always take days to process?

I've had my. US bank Platinum card for 9 months now and I have been trying to get a CLI to $5k so I can try convert it to Cash+ or Flexperks.

i transferred a balance of $2500 soon after opening for 0% for 15 months offer. Balance is down to $900 now, been paying it off at $200 a month. I havent really used the card at all outside of the balance transfer since it has no rewards at all. 

Anyhow I tried for a CLI at the 6 month mark and they declined it. My Discover TU is now at 717 so I thought I would try again, whenevr I call for a CLI they say they will submit the request, which is what they did. That was 5 days ago and when I call now it still shows in process. The rep told me it may be a hard pull but for $2k increase probably a soft. I agreed. I have not seen a hard pull from them and not even a soft on TU.

i guess I'll just have to wait, they just seem to take very long to process any request and the CSR,s and some bankers seem to be clueless.

Overall, between B of A,  Chase, Barclays, Discover, Wells Fargo and Us Bank , I would say. US Bank comes in a distant last when it comes to service and product knowledge from reps with Wells just slightly ahead.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
cobbson
Regular Contributor

Re: Do CLI request with US BANK always take days to process?

I received an automatic CLI right after cutting my 11th bill from USBank. First you get a "Congratulations on your anniversary" email. No mention of CLI. In about a week or two, you will see the auto CLI on your acount. About two weeks later, you'll get a snail mail advising you of the CLI. That's how it worked for me over the last month or so.

Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Nothing happens quickly at US Bank, all new CCs and CLI requests are manually reviewed by a UW even if the system says you are auto approved... Its just the way they operate..

Message 3 of 4
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@IWOL wrote:

I've had my. US bank Platinum card for 9 months now and I have been trying to get a CLI to $5k so I can try convert it to Cash+ or Flexperks.

i transferred a balance of $2500 soon after opening for 0% for 15 months offer. Balance is down to $900 now, been paying it off at $200 a month. I havent really used the card at all outside of the balance transfer since it has no rewards at all. 

Anyhow I tried for a CLI at the 6 month mark and they declined it. My Discover TU is now at 717 so I thought I would try again, whenevr I call for a CLI they say they will submit the request, which is what they did. That was 5 days ago and when I call now it still shows in process. The rep told me it may be a hard pull but for $2k increase probably a soft. I agreed. I have not seen a hard pull from them and not even a soft on TU.

i guess I'll just have to wait, they just seem to take very long to process any request and the CSR,s and some bankers seem to be clueless.

Overall, between B of A,  Chase, Barclays, Discover, Wells Fargo and Us Bank , I would say. US Bank comes in a distant last when it comes to service and product knowledge from reps with Wells just slightly ahead.

let me shed some light with my experience with US Bank. I got approved for the Flex Select (originally applied for the Travel ) Rewards back in June 2013. It was approved for 3k. I became real impatient with the limit and requested a CLI at about 3 months after having the card. Denied with a HP on TU ( i did the online form and about 10 days later received the letter). At six months i didnt see no auto CLI so when my 7fh statement cut i called in for a CLI with the CSR and she said it will either instanly approved it with a SP or it would go to UW and either see the increase online in 2-3 days or will get a letter (which she meant declined). Well no increase online and sure enough about 7-8 days later got the letter. It was SP denial though (based on their last AR). Well after my 9th statement cut i received a 1500 auto CLI. I guess with US Bank you may have to be a little patient. Just a few days ago (having their Select Rewards for 10 months) i applied for the Travel Rewards siggy and finally got it!! approved for 7500. So in my honest opinion, just give it a little time and you will see they can be generous. Good luck on getting approved for the CLI request. IMO they will go by their last AR and most likely a SP (approved or not). Keep us posted.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.