cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do CU's ever give instant approvals?

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Do CU's ever give instant approvals?

@cottoncrown wrote:
Applied at onpoint CU for visa and the wheel turned for a minute and have a pending response. No security questions. Is there even an instant approval for CU's or is it always pending?

Sure.  However, CU's aren't all identical.  Neither is everyone's credit.  You can never assume a trend based on a single data point.  Some credit unions have instant approvals.  Some always require manual review.  Some people's credit qualifies instantly.  Some requires manual review.

Message 11 of 13
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

I got instant approval at SDFCU and NASA. SDFCU sent me a mailer that basically read "You're approved! Sign this form and tell us how much you'd like and mail it back."

SPs for both cards.

Message 12 of 13
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

+1 on it depends. MSUFCU was instant approval for me. They asked me more detailed questions to determine my income (ex. how many hours and at what rate do you work - presumably to get a more accurate annual income for me), but it was instant nonetheless.

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.