Do Citi & Chase blacklist

tag
dalebb
Valued Contributor

Re: Do Citi & Chase blacklist

@Creditaddict wrote:

Cap1 Blacklist? No no no!

Citibank, yes

Chase... Very much yes! They changed lending practices after credit crash... my friend had wamu become chase $8500 limit... he closed it and about 2 months later applied for Zappos and they said no, we do not offer any credit products to any past Chase delinquent or BK, he had a car financed with Chase that was in his BK... he asked about the Wamu/Chase $8500 and the rep said you shouldn't have closed it!

cap1 does black list,,, i know this for a fact, as i have been,, i had a post b4 on here but it was removed cause i said some bad stuff and im sorry 4 that, i will behave meself and just tell u yes they do

Message 11 of 41
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Cap1 Blacklist? No no no!

Citibank, yes

Chase... Very much yes! They changed lending practices after credit crash... my friend had wamu become chase $8500 limit... he closed it and about 2 months later applied for Zappos and they said no, we do not offer any credit products to any past Chase delinquent or BK, he had a car financed with Chase that was in his BK... he asked about the Wamu/Chase $8500 and the rep said you shouldn't have closed it!

I wonder if there is a timeframe, or if it's for the rest of your life. Like, after 20 years, would they still BL? Did not incl in a BK, but did have CO. 

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 12 of 41
champ02
Established Member

I was just approved tonight for the Citi Simplicity Card with a $4,200 CL.  I included them in a bankruptcy back in 1996.  I know that is quite sometime ago but until tonight I assumed they would never give me another chance either.  They started sending mail solicitations beginning about 2 months ago and for the heck of it I decided to give it a try.

Starting Score: TU 501 7/2006, EQ 475 7/2006, EX 499 7/2006
Current Score: TU 709 12/2011, EQ 677, EX ???
Goal Score: All above 700

Message 13 of 41
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@champ02 wrote:

I was just approved tonight for the Citi Simplicity Card with a $4,200 CL.  I included them in a bankruptcy back in 1996.  I know that is quite sometime ago but until tonight I assumed they would never give me another chance either.  They started sending mail solicitations beginning about 2 months ago and for the heck of it I decided to give it a try.

That's good to hear. Unfortunately, I opted out so I won't be getting any offers in the mail. I can't even get pre-approvals on those websites since I've opted out. It would be a good way of testing the waters, though. 

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 14 of 41
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@bichonmom wrote:

That's good to hear. Unfortunately, I opted out so I won't be getting any offers in the mail. I can't even get pre-approvals on those websites since I've opted out. It would be a good way of testing the waters, though. 

You can Opt Out and back in at the same site.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 15 of 41
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

If I re-opt-in, can I opt-out again? I'd think the CRAs might frown upon that. Too bad it's not like a freeze that you can lift temporarily when you want. Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 41
champ02
Established Member

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

You can Opt Out and back in at the same site.

MarineVietVet you are absolutely correct!  I too Opted Out after my BK back in the mid 90's and went back to the Opt-In website earlier this year (in the Spring) and now I have been getting frequent credit card and other credit solicitations in the mail. 

Starting Score: TU 501 7/2006, EQ 475 7/2006, EX 499 7/2006
Current Score: TU 709 12/2011, EQ 677, EX ???
Goal Score: All above 700

Message 17 of 41
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@bichonmom wrote:

If I re-opt-in, can I opt-out again? I'd think the CRAs might frown upon that. Too bad it's not like a freeze that you can lift temporarily when you want. Smiley Happy

You can go back and forth as often as you want.

And I really don't think (Just my opinion) that the CRA's care one way or another.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 18 of 41
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Thanks! That's good to know. Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 41
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I don't know how helpful this is, and I genuinely don't remember even starting the thing, but you might try this:

2010 Blacklist Thread

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.