Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Citi & Chase blacklist

tag
v8eaterWRX
Contributor

Re: Do Citi & Chase blacklist

I had Citi blacklist me for a Best Buy card I had at 18. Now at 27 they just approved me with their Simplicity card with a 12.9% interest rate and $11k starting limit (758, <5% utilization of over $60k). I know they blacklisted me because I was denied another Best Buy card about four years ago because of it. I had been told that it was a lifetime blacklist when I called in, apparently they are wanting to do business with me again. Not sure if it is due to time, score, income, utilization, or otherwise, but I am happy. With their 0% interest for 18 months I may be jumping on a new camper and paying it off in the 18 months of 0% LOL

Message 31 of 41
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

We'll see... in a few years I'll go for both citi & chase, I BKed them both... Citi took it right on the chin for about $35K across 3 cards.  Chase was incidental, like arond $1K.

The bigger problem is that all of Chase's silly apps now ask if you have a BK reporting.  So I think they'd deny me anyway.

Also to whomever postd back in Nov about Cap1 blacklisting.  I will tell you that they most definitely do not.  I burned them for $4K in the same BK and they gave me a $750 CL Cash Rewards ($39af) 6mo after discharge.  Auto-Cli on 6th statement, now $1250.  Perhaps you're just not qualifying and you think you're blacklisted.  On the other hand I also got a Discover More $1K 11 mo after BK, which is supposed to be impossible, too.  Maybe I'm just special.  Smiley Very Happy

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 32 of 41
quest208
Frequent Contributor

citi has a long memory.  if 10 years is the threshold, there is a bit of hope.

but regardless, i cant go back to citi.  i always had problems with them, more problems than ive ever had compared to other creditors.

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 33 of 41
highway91

I just applied for a chase freedom card last week and was told that I was not approved because I have included them on my BK and its 11 years old

Transunion fico 723
Equifax fico 673
Experian fico (psecu) 690

Goal 720 across the board
Message 34 of 41
Charger_Fan19
Contributor

I would say yes to a Chase blacklist. I had an account that charged off with them in 2004, paid through collection agency. It stopped reporting in 2008 or 2009. I went ahead last month and app for southwest visa and was declined based on 'derogatory relationship with lender'. I thought this was silly because my scores were at least 700s and have a checking and savings account, and a student loan with chase. I called to recon but was told they couldn't help me. I guess 8 years wasn't long enough.

Starting Score: EQ 500 TU 500 EX 500
Current Score: EQ 647 TU 685 EX 684 9/2/16 Recommitted to Fico Health! Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 700
Message 35 of 41
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@cowgirl79 wrote:
I would say yes to a Chase blacklist. I had an account that charged off with them in 2004, paid through collection agency. It stopped reporting in 2008 or 2009. I went ahead last month and app for southwest visa and was declined based on 'derogatory relationship with lender'. I thought this was silly because my scores were at least 700s and have a checking and savings account, and a student loan with chase. I called to recon but was told they couldn't help me. I guess 8 years wasn't long enough.

We have members here who included a Providian in BK. After Providian beget WaMu... OK sorry, after WaMu bought Providian, they were able to get a WaMu card. But once Chase bought WaMu, all they can get is a basic Slate card.

Chase has a long memory, even when it's a borrowed memory.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 36 of 41
911gt34life
Frequent Contributor

i am blacklist from chase when i call in they told me only reason i can get the freedom was i had buddy on file Smiley Sad

>
Message 37 of 41
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

@911gt34life wrote:

i am blacklist from chase when i call in they told me only reason i can get the freedom was i had buddy on file Smiley Sad

WOW!  I didn't think Chase could black-list you because of your friends!  Ha!

j/k Smiley Wink

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 38 of 41
scmami
Regular Contributor

Useful info....I wonder if Chase will blacklist me if I was an AU.....

Current FICOs (Sept 2015) EQ: 666 TU: 663
Message 39 of 41
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

@dalebb wrote:

i know cap1 does,, but im thinking chase does too

Cap 1 doesnt...I have three crap cards with them...I had two charge offs that i paid in 2009 to the third party they sold my debt to. I got a card about a year after those were paid

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.