Contributor
v8eaterWRX

Re: Do Citi & Chase blacklist

[ Edited ]

I had Citi blacklist me for a Best Buy card I had at 18. Now at 27 they just approved me with their Simplicity card with a 12.9% interest rate and $11k starting limit (758, <5% utilization of over $60k). I know they blacklisted me because I was denied another Best Buy card about four years ago because of it. I had been told that it was a lifetime blacklist when I called in, apparently they are wanting to do business with me again. Not sure if it is due to time, score, income, utilization, or otherwise, but I am happy. With their 0% interest for 18 months I may be jumping on a new camper and paying it off in the 18 months of 0% LOL

Established Contributor
SoulMaster

We'll see... in a few years I'll go for both citi & chase, I BKed them both... Citi took it right on the chin for about $35K across 3 cards.  Chase was incidental, like arond $1K.

The bigger problem is that all of Chase's silly apps now ask if you have a BK reporting.  So I think they'd deny me anyway.

Also to whomever postd back in Nov about Cap1 blacklisting.  I will tell you that they most definitely do not.  I burned them for $4K in the same BK and they gave me a $750 CL Cash Rewards ($39af) 6mo after discharge.  Auto-Cli on 6th statement, now $1250.  Perhaps you're just not qualifying and you think you're blacklisted.  On the other hand I also got a Discover More $1K 11 mo after BK, which is supposed to be impossible, too.  Maybe I'm just special.  :smileyvery-happy:

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of 3/15/14 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 729.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Frequent Contributor
quest208

citi has a long memory.  if 10 years is the threshold, there is a bit of hope.

but regardless, i cant go back to citi.  i always had problems with them, more problems than ive ever had compared to other creditors.

USAA FAKO: Experian 767, Transunion 743, Equifax 734
FICO: Transunion: 738, Equifax 731
Credit Sesame: Experian 721
BB Reward zone$400, Orchard master $700, Office Depot $500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, Barclays American Express $2500
AAoA about 1 year
highway91

I just applied for a chase freedom card last week and was told that I was not approved because I have included them on my BK and its 11 years old

Transunion fico 723
Equifax fico 673
Experian fico (psecu) 690

Goal 720 across the board
Valued Member
cowgirl79

I would say yes to a Chase blacklist. I had an account that charged off with them in 2004, paid through collection agency. It stopped reporting in 2008 or 2009. I went ahead last month and app for southwest visa and was declined based on 'derogatory relationship with lender'. I thought this was silly because my scores were at least 700s and have a checking and savings account, and a student loan with chase. I called to recon but was told they couldn't help me. I guess 8 years wasn't long enough.
Closed on first home 11/8/12 FHA 3.5%!!
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

cowgirl79 wrote:
I would say yes to a Chase blacklist. I had an account that charged off with them in 2004, paid through collection agency. It stopped reporting in 2008 or 2009. I went ahead last month and app for southwest visa and was declined based on 'derogatory relationship with lender'. I thought this was silly because my scores were at least 700s and have a checking and savings account, and a student loan with chase. I called to recon but was told they couldn't help me. I guess 8 years wasn't long enough.

We have members here who included a Providian in BK. After Providian beget WaMu... OK sorry, after WaMu bought Providian, they were able to get a WaMu card. But once Chase bought WaMu, all they can get is a basic Slate card.

Chase has a long memory, even when it's a borrowed memory.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Regular Contributor
911gt34life

i am blacklist from chase when i call in they told me only reason i can get the freedom was i had buddy on file :smileysad:

Established Contributor
SoulMaster

911gt34life wrote:

i am blacklist from chase when i call in they told me only reason i can get the freedom was i had buddy on file :smileysad:

WOW!  I didn't think Chase could black-list you because of your friends!  Ha!

j/k :smileywink:

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of 3/15/14 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 729.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Regular Contributor
scmami

[ Edited ]

Useful info....I wonder if Chase will blacklist me if I was an AU.....

Starting FICOs (2/2012): EQ 559 TU 558
Current FICOs (EX and TU Lender pulled 10/6/12): EQ 652 TU 635 EX 647
Matthew 7:1 KJV
Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Frequent Contributor
Sparkz1920

dalebb wrote:

i know cap1 does,, but im thinking chase does too

Cap 1 doesnt...I have three crap cards with them...I had two charge offs that i paid in 2009 to the third party they sold my debt to. I got a card about a year after those were paid

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}