Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I close my Chase Amazon Card?

tag
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Re: Do I close my Chase Amazon Card?

@mikelo22 wrote:

So I have a Chase Amazon card and I have absolutely no use for it anymore. I originally used it for Amazon purchases (being a law student I purchase a lot of books so it was used quite often). However, now that I have a SallieMae card which offers 5% CB, I have no use for it now. I've been using the card once a month to buy my prescriptions at Walgreens (since it offers 2% CB), but other than that, it just sits in the sock drawer. 

Is there a benefit to keeping the card? Or should I just close the account? Or is there a possibility that Chase would move over my CL to my Freedom? I've only had the card for three months, so removing it wouldn't harm my AAoA. 

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

I did just that last month. Chase moved all but 500 to my Freedom and closed my Amazon for me. Easy squeezy

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 11 of 13
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@Shock wrote:

I'm in the same boat as you with my Chase Amazon. I want to transfer the limit to my Freedom, and because its such a low limit (1400) I hope they dont withhold 500 if i close the card.

There's definitely no harm is keeping it open but...I think I will close mines. It served it's purpose, and now its a waste of space. So chuck it!

They won't hold the 500 if there is zero activity on the card for 90 days

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 12 of 13
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:

They won't hold the 500 if there is zero activity on the card for 90 days

If you ask Chase EO to move credit line, you can get down to $100. 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.