Did you mean: 

Do I dare???

tag
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Re: Do I dare???

@snowkitty wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

I would call the back door number, tell then what you want to do (promotion) and ask them.

My guess is they would give you the higher limit on this - since you are going for one of their promotions.

Good luck and let us know.

That is exactly what I did and they approved it! I asked for 1000.00 and told them I wanted to take advantage of the promtion and that they were my favorite card so I did not want to max the card out with a purchase. She came back and said yes!! I am so excited!!! Cat Very Happy

Excellent - glad to hear!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 11 of 45
MyCreditSucksTheMost
Contributor

They must be very willing to work with people because of the promotion.

I just called and mentioned the coupon and got moved from $500 to $1000 as well..  I've only had the card for 50 days.Smiley Happy

I'm super pumped.

Staring Scores:Transunion-636 Equifax-618 Experian- 640 (8/12):
Current Scores:Transunion-717 Equifax-(?) Experian 726(as of 11/18/13):

Goal 760 Across the Board:

Message 12 of 45
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

TV shoppin' time for everyone....

Message 13 of 45
jsucool76
Super Contributor

What # is it you all are using Smiley Very Happy ?

Message 14 of 45
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I didn't want to get too greedy, since I actually have no intentions of purchasing a television, so I asked for 800, and they bumped me.... yayaayayayayaya Smiley Very Happy 

Available Credit* :$721.00 
Total Credit Limit :$800.00
Message 15 of 45
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Called and they wanted to HP me so I said no thanks.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 16 of 45
cracksmeup
Regular Contributor

If you just hit the request an CLI button on the website, is it a HP or SP?  Also, where can I find this coupon?  It wasn't emailed to me either.

Message 17 of 45
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@migliogiorni wrote:

Called and they wanted to HP me so I said no thanks.

The woman I spoke to told me she would pull my credit and specifically said (without my even asking) that it would be a soft pull and would not affect my credit. GECRB almost never HPs for CLIs.

Also to poster just above me, the request CLI button doesn't work anymore. 

Message 18 of 45
snowkitty
Established Contributor

I'm glad GE is feeling so nice today!! Looks like they have been making people happy all week!! I think getting a cli gives me more satisfaction then getting approved for a new card.....lol  Cat Very Happy

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 19 of 45
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@snowkitty wrote:

I'm glad GE is feeling so nice today!! Looks like they have been making people happy all week!! I think getting a cli gives me more satisfaction then getting approved for a new card.....lol  Cat Very Happy

I wish I asked for more Smiley Tongue I should've been like "One Billion Dollars....MWAHAHAHAHAHA" Smiley Tongue 

Message 20 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.