cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have a shot at BoA BBR or Cash rew?

tag
cyclesport45
Established Member

Re: Do I have a shot at BoA BBR or Cash rew?

Snicker.  Sheer entertainment value, and for FREE, too!

Chase Freedom(5.3K), Citi Double Cash (8.8K). Citi Thank You Preferred(10.2K) DCU Platinum Rewards(10K), REI Visa(9.6K) Amex Blue Sky(5K), Amex Blue Cash Preferred (20K), Crate & Barrel (3.5K) Discover IT(16.5K) CSP (28K)
Message 11 of 15
willwar14
Valued Contributor

First call: This was one of the weirdest recon calls I have ever encountered, she said she couldn't approve me for the card I applied but she can offer the card with a $500 CL same everything EXCEPT the $100 bonus, intro apr and this one has a $39 AF, its also in the pre-selected tab in my online banking, never heard of this before!!

Screen Shot 2015-11-30 at 8.46.06 AM.png

Second call: analyst said since it was already denied what shes gonna do is send an email to their management team and recommend an approval for the regular card, should hear back in 1-2 days and she also did say it should likely yeild an approval but no promises

but hey, even if still denied for the regular card, still got the offer for a unsecured card $500 CL but all I really wanted was in with boa, as I know you can grow limits with them if you show good history!

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 12 of 15
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@willwar14 wrote:

First call: This was one of the weirdest recon calls I have ever encountered, she said she couldn't approve me for the card I applied but she can offer the card with a $500 CL same everything EXCEPT the $100 bonus, intro apr and this one has a $39 AF, really shady BOA!! its also in the pre-selected tab in my online banking, never heard of this before!!

Screen Shot 2015-11-30 at 8.46.06 AM.png

Second call: analyst said since it was already denied what shes gonna do is send an email to their management team and recommend an approval for the regular card, should hear back in 1-2 days and she also did say it should likely yeild an approval but no promises

but hey, even if still denied for the regular card, still got the offer for a unsecured card $500 CL but all I really wanted was in with boa, as I know you can grow limits with them if you show good history!

Not shady at all. If you're not approved for the card of your choice, BoA counters with the 99/500 secured card, or the entry-level version of the cash rewards card. BBR is a step up from this card, and you didn't meet the approval criteria for it. 

Seems like you don't like to be told no. 

Message 13 of 15
northface28
Established Contributor

I'd accept the $99/500 offer. I did that and it graduated at 6 months and I just got both a new cash rewards and BBR card today. So, it can be done. I also have a BK7.
BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 14 of 15
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Nop I don't, im gonna see what the management team review yeilds, but if thats a denial ill accept the $500 CL offer..

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.