cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have a shot at the new Amex EveryDay card?

tag
Juzam
Established Member

Re: Do I have a shot at the new Amex EveryDay card?

@wantmyCSPx2 wrote:

When I spoke to the Chase rep who ran my CSP app (I called in to app), she told me she didn't think I had a great shot at any Chase card, at least not for 6 more months. She felt the lack of revolving credit history would be enough to get me denied even with other products.

Granted, she had a bad attitude and din't really want to hear me out at all, but that scared me off Chase for a while.

Still very unsure what my next best move would be....

I would applied for the Amex, I have an experian score slightly above 650 and got the the BCE card after a recon.  After talking to Chase today, they seem to me to be more conserative than Amex.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

i was surprise but according to this review you only need GOOD credit for the Everyday Preferred but would need EXCELENT credit for the no annual fee Everyday Card, maybe because you'll be paying $95 a year they'll approve you for it Smiley Very Happy

https://www.creditcardinsider.com/insider/review-amex-everyday-credit-cards/

EDITED:

Hey Smode - This is Brendan, the author of the article you mentioned.  Thanks for pointing out that difference in the credit requirements between those cards.  There might have been some confusion over the requirements when those cards first came out, and the 'Good' credit rating for the Everyday Preferred card should actually be 'Excellent.'  We've updated the info on Credit Card Insider.  

Thanks!

thanks! i was confused myself doing research and reading reviews regarding their requirements. I'll edit this out now. 

Message 12 of 16
abundancejones
Regular Contributor

I'm pretty sure you will get approved. My friend had a similar profile, but much lower income and got 8K right off the bat. Chase is very conservative compared to Amex, especially lately with Amex giving cards away with sub 700 scores. 

Message 13 of 16
lonelyisland
Frequent Contributor

Yes, you should apply for the AMEX ED, if you like what the card offers. The other option is probably Discover. You can use either of those for 6 months, and then try for what you are looking for. Bit for AMEX ED, should be good with 712, 125K income, no baddies. 

Good Luck!

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

i was surprise but according to this review you only need GOOD credit for the Everyday Preferred but would need EXCELENT credit for the no annual fee Everyday Card, maybe because you'll be paying $95 a year they'll approve you for it Smiley Very Happy

Hey Smode - This is Brendan, the author of the article you mentioned.  Thanks for pointing out that difference in the credit requirements between those cards.  There might have been some confusion over the requirements when those cards first came out, and the 'Good' credit rating for the Everyday Preferred card should actually be 'Excellent.'  We've updated the info on Credit Card Insider.  

Thanks!

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!

thanks! i was confused myself doing research and reading reviews regarding their requirements. I'll edit this out now. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.