Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have a shot??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do I have a shot??

It is no more of a gamble for the credit card company to extend an offer than for the person applying. CC companies are in the business to make money and extend credit. But there are factors that increase or decrease the likelihood of approval and likelihood of default or nonpayment. That does not mean it is a gamble. It means it is continuum of risk. A gamble is a roll of the dice. Fico scores and approvals despite their limitations and questionable calculations do have a high statistical correlation value and relationship to patterns of behavior that over time are duplicated by people. 

The more things change the more things remain the same. Things and people do change, but more often they revert to the mean. That's not a gamble, but statistical correlation. 

Message 41 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok....so I got the letter and it lists my EQ score over 100 points lower than what it is on myfico.  Also, the letter has the wrong address,, correct street name but wrong house number.   The denial my score at 536.  What the heck? No wonder I didn't get approved.  What should I do?

Message 42 of 50
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok....so I got the letter and it lists my EQ score over 100 points lower than what it is on myfico.  Also, the letter has the wrong address,, correct street name but wrong house number.   The denial my score at 536.  What the heck? No wonder I didn't get approved.  What should I do?

I would take a look at the spend requirement on the Delta Gold you just got, and the spend requirement on the Venture to get the bonuses, and see if $6,000 is in your spend budget for the next 90 days Smiley Happy

And then I'd wait on the Venture until I had more time with the QS, and let my scores jump when the last of the baddies drop off. At that point, I'd just start watching the CapOne prequalification page to see when the SP information caught up with the better scores and gave me a set APR of less than 17%

Then, long about April 2016, I'd expect a big fat Venture CL. Much more than I'd have gotten in August 2015 Smiley Happy

Meanwhile, I'd work the AMEX Delta Gold for heavy spend, PIF, to 3x CLI in mid-October then again in mid-April and find the limit at $9k.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 43 of 50
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you pulled your EQ 04 score from this site?  Have heard they use EQ 04 or Vantage or a variance..  536 is obviously not a good score..  Not sure how to answer the wrong street address question.. Will let others chime in on this.  Thanks for the follow-up

Message 44 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok that's good advice.  But I am concerned that they listed my EQ score at 536, which it's not even close to that.  For EQ I was a 645' TU 652 EX 642.   But the letter only refers to EQ.   They have got to be using an older report.   Which I wouldn't think is fair to take three hard pulls for an older report.  

Message 45 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't see an EQ 4, I see a EQ Bank card 8 score.  Which is 639

Message 46 of 50
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't see an EQ 4, I see a EQ Bank card 8 score.  Which is 639

Beacon 5 is what I meant I appologize.  Do they come close ot matching if you see that score?  Otherwise they might be using a vantage version or internal score or an old SP..  All guesses

Message 47 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

honestly that looks like the score I had right around the time when they approve me for a quick silver one account  SL 1000.

I'm pretty pissed that I took six hard pulls for them to use an old score.   This will keep me awake tonight, tying to figure out if I should devise a course of action.

EDIT:  3 hard pulls (not six)

Message 48 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I only have this Beacon 5 score from EQ back when I pulled the complete report with all the FICO models, and back then which was 5 months ago, it was listed at 534, and my regurlar FICO 8 at that time was was a 542.  I don't know what my Beacon 5 is currently for EQ.  My current regular Fico score for EQ is a 645, my TU is higher, my EX is 3 points lower than EQ.  At any rate, I guess I will have to order a new report for EQ in order to get my current Beacon 5.  With a current EQ of 645, I wouldn't have thought that the other fico model would have been 109 points less than my current score.  I would have never applied for this card with that score.  109 points is a huge difference between fico models

I guess the only thing to do is to pull a new EQ report to get current scores of all the fico models, to see if any of them match up with what Cap One's letter states.  If no scores match up, then they would have to be using an old report.

Any thoughts?  Would you say pullling a new report is the first step?

Message 49 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update? You should sign up for Creditchecktotal.com. It's the best bargain. You get daily updates with Ex, and three monthly credit reports for TU/EQ. That can't be beat. 

Message 50 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.