Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have a shot??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do I have a shot??

I guess I'm the chicken of the group here, because unless you're not pre-qualifying for Cap1 because of frozen credit reports, I would advise you not to apply for the Venture until you're pre-qualified for it (but remember, I am a chicken). Also, you might not be able to get the 3x CLI on your new Delta card until your baddies fall off - that was my experience anyway. But congrats on the Delta approval!

Message 21 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

A prequalifcation for you may also not show up on cc websites if you opt out of offers (I do, so I rarely reeceive prequals.). I got a prequal for 3 cards on Amex site today and I am NOT going to do it.

I think you should try for the Venture. My original answer ws going to be to wait, but I have seen so many people on here get the Venture that it's worth a try. Or at least try Venture One. If it doesn't work out, try again in January or Febaruary once baddies have fallen off. Good luck.

Message 22 of 50
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I have/had baddies with every credit card in my signature and some of them with big limits.  It isn't just as cut and dry as whether badddies are on your report, it is your whole credit profile.. Although I had some CA's/CO's when approved for all my cards (since been removed) and a slew of lates 4 years ago that are still on there I still managed to get some very good approvals.. Keep in mind I have very long credit history as well being owning many houses and cars with perfect payment history, long AAoA and a high income as well.  So as stated it isn't just baddies that decide things, but deffinetly they do play a role.  I got a 3x or 2x+ on my AMEX ED with multiple CA's on report at time briging it up to 23k the amount I asked for.  Just so many other factors go into approval/CLI's other than a baddie or two that is really old.

Message 23 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I have/had baddies with every credit card in my signature and some of them with big limits.  It isn't just as cut and dry as whether badddies are on your report, it is your whole credit profile.. Although I had some CA's/CO's when approved for all my cards (since been removed) and a slew of lates 4 years ago that are still on there I still managed to get some very good approvals.. Keep in mind I have very long credit history as well being owning many houses and cars with perfect payment history, long AAoA and a high income as well.  So as stated it isn't just baddies that decide things, but deffinetly they do play a role.  I got a 3x or 2x+ on my AMEX ED with multiple CA's on report at time briging it up to 23k the amount I asked for.  Just so many other factors go into approval/CLI's other than a baddie or two that is really old.

That's true, but those of you with very long credit histories are in a much better position than those of us with very short credit histories when it comes to the affect of baddies. Baddies for us are bad, baddies for you - not so much - because you have more history to balance it out. There's a big difference between thick and thin files when it comes to stuff like this.

Message 24 of 50
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

That's true, but those of you with very long credit histories are in a much better position than those of us with very short credit histories when it comes to the affect of baddies. Baddies for us are bad, baddies for you - not so much - because you have more history to balance it out. There's a big difference between thick and thin files when it comes to stuff like this.

@Oh I agree...  Point was to be baddies happen to the best intention of people due to real life events or misfortunes and doesn't necessarily mean one cannot get approved for a credit product.  I agree people that are new to credit or thin profiles that have baddies it impacts them alot more than people like me that have thick files.  I am over 700's now on all 3 CB's with about 10 120+ lates reporting from 4+ years ago..  When approved for ED @ 23k think my Exp Fico was 667?  Just saying other things are considered, but people with thin files have more things to worry about, that I agree upon as well.  Ideally OP or anyone would have a perfect credit file, just isn't always the case..  OP being at such low HP's on each CB if applied and declined it won't be the end of the world for them and they wait until next year and apply again when baddies are gone.

Message 25 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Oh I agree...  Point was to be baddies happen to the best intention of people due to real life events or misfortunes and doesn't necessarily mean one cannot get approved for a credit product.  I agree people that are new to credit or thin profiles that have baddies it impacts them alot more than people like me that have thick files.  I am over 700's now on all 3 CB's with about 10 120+ lates reporting from 4+ years ago..  When approved for ED @ 23k think my Exp Fico was 667?  Just saying other things are considered, but people with thin files have more things to worry about, that I agree upon as well.  Ideally OP or anyone would have a perfect credit file, just isn't always the case..  OP being at such low HP's on each CB if applied and declined it won't be the end of the world for them and they wait until next year and apply again when baddies are gone.

I agree completely!

Message 26 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Give it a try- we're all rooting for your success! Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Give it a try- we're all rooting for your success! Smiley Happy

I'm slightly gun shy ! I'm worried about getting a small limit.  I'd like to get a 3k or > 

decisions decisions lol 

Message 28 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I app' d for the Venture and it was a no-go, so I'm going to the garden with my head hung low :-(

That was disappointing. 

Message 29 of 50
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That stinks. :/ What were the reasons for denial?

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 30 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.