cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have any hope of going PRIME anytime soon???

tag
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Do I have any hope of going PRIME anytime soon???

I was just wondering.... I have a bk7 from 2005... My scores are in my siggy...my CCR all show the same items..... I have 1 collection scheduled to come off in December....2 cap one accounts IIB off in June....besides the bk judgement ,there are no other baddies... Am I going to have to wait till bk7 dros off in 2015 before I can go prime? Thanks

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Do I have any hope of going PRIME anytime soon???

Define "prime".

With your scores, you'd probably qualify for most "good credit" rated cards, but several of the issuers will say no because of the bk.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 15
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Do you know what issuers are not bk friendly? I just do not want to waste any inq........ Thanks I know Amex does not like bk...even though the Travelocity Amex from Barclay maybe an option...I have a barclay card in my wallet

Message 3 of 15
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:
I was just wondering.... I have a bk7 from 2005... My scores are in my siggy...my CCR all show the same items..... I have 1 collection scheduled to come off in December....2 cap one accounts IIB off in June....besides the bk judgement ,there are no other baddies... Am I going to have to wait till bk7 dros off in 2015 before I can go prime? Thanks

With those scores, I have to think SOMEONE would give you a shot. The one prime card that I have read gives BK credit prospects a chance after the BK has aged for a time (like yours has) is Discover. They seem to overlook an OLD BK if the rest of the profile is good. Have you tried their prequalification site?

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 4 of 15
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

You could certainly try Discover. Somebody on these boards got  Discover More card one year after filing BK. Obviously YMMV

Barcley's may also be considered prime and have been pretty generous and BK friendly.

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 5 of 15
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:
Do you know what issuers are not bk friendly? I just do not want to waste any inq........ Thanks I know Amex does not like bk...even though the Travelocity Amex from Barclay maybe an option...I have a barclay card in my wallet

AMEX is NOT BK-friendly...PERIOD. I'm not sure about the co-branded cards, though.

Some of the others like U.S Bank, Citi and BOA have similar stances with regards to seeing BK on the report. Barclay IS BK-friendly, though there are differing opinions as to whether they are prime or not.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 6 of 15
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Great scores. I'm sure somebody will take you. Didn't realize chapter 7 stayed on your reports for 10 years -- thought it was 7.

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 7 of 15
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

iIB info drops off in 7.5 years plus 180 days.....buy after ,will report on your history for a total of 10 years.... I have a hsbc discover...do not want another discover ...what other cards are BK friendly?

Message 8 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

What banks were included in your BK?

Do you currently have any open credit cards, loans, etc.?

GE - Very BK Friendly, many have store or Visa/MC/Amex/Disc depending on what store... Any you use frequently?

Barclay as others mentioned - and GREAT recon dept for approving after denial or getting CLI minutes after an instant approval

Nordstrom

Macy's

NBloomingdales

Capital One but not sure I would waste 3 INQ when you already are in the 700 club.

Message 9 of 15
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

@daisydvm wrote:

You could certainly try Discover. Somebody on these boards got  Discover More card one year after filing BK. Obviously YMMV

Barcley's may also be considered prime and have been pretty generous and BK friendly.

That was me.  I got my Disco More 11 months after my discharge (14 months after my filing).  Score was ~650 at the time IIRC.

@Also, if you scan these boards (and others) deeply, there are plany of stories about Amex approving @ 7-9 years after the BK (after the IIBs fall off).  Amex's internal scoring system seems to use the old "BKs off in 7 years" rule.  Which means you may Q for an Amex sometime this year.  YMMV.

The only real way to know if you'll get the card you want is to app for it, and try for a recon if your app doesn't go through.  If you've been prudent about not having too many INQ's, one or two won't hurt you, and really won't hurt you after 12 months.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.