cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have any shot at AMEX BCE with my income?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I have any shot at AMEX BCE with my income?

I am in school, so my income right now is only $32,000. My Experian report is clean. I do have 4 inquiries in the past few months and 7 total in the past 16 months...1 was with AMEX on January 23rd of this year when I apped for the BCE...and was declined. Since then, however, I've had a collection and a CO deleted from my Experian report, and it is clean.

I would just like to start a foundation with AMEX, so that when I get out of school in 2 years and have a higher income I will already have a head start. Thanks for any opinions and advice.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Do I have any shot at AMEX BCE with my income?

Sure, for the initial approval, income has almost no bearing.

If you spend more, it may in the future.  But, don't worry about it now.

Message 2 of 11
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Do you know what your FICO scores are? They should have provided one with your rejection letter. We can better assist you if we know what your current FICO scores are. I think your income is sufficient if you have good enough credit.

Message 3 of 11
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

I'm young and don't make a lot of money anually ($20,000) and i was approved for the BCE in December ($2000 CL) and i requested the 3x CLI in February and i now have $6000
I'd say Go For it As long as you have credit history (at least 2 tradelines with 1+ year of history) a 700+ FiCO and no baddies
Message 4 of 11
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

I can't speak to the impact of inquiries or any other potential credit negatives. But I know for sure that an income of $32k does not prevent a person from qualifying for an Amex BCE. I don't make a lot of money and I recently qualified and got my BCE.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, after an online chat with an AMEX rep, I decided to go ahead and apply. I called in and applied by phone and was approved for a $4000 limit. I didn't think they told you the limit right away, but maybe that's only if you apply online. I'm very excited about this!

Message 6 of 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats!!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 11
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, after an online chat with an AMEX rep, I decided to go ahead and apply. I called in and applied by phone and was approved for a $4000 limit. I didn't think they told you the limit right away, but maybe that's only if you apply online. I'm very excited about this!

Fantastic! Great starting limit, too. Will be really impressive if they give you a 3X CLI at 61 days!

Message 8 of 11
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Congrats. That's awesome.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, guys. I don't post much, but over the past couple of years I've learned so much here that helped me clean up my credit. It took me about 20 months to go from credit reports that that were a disaster to good reports. If anyone has any doubts about the info you can get from this site I am a living testament to the contrary.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.