Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners

Do I have any shot at AMEX BCE with my income?

I am in school, so my income right now is only $32,000. My Experian report is clean. I do have 4 inquiries in the past few months and 7 total in the past 16 months...1 was with AMEX on January 23rd of this year when I apped for the BCE...and was declined. Since then, however, I've had a collection and a CO deleted from my Experian report, and it is clean.

I would just like to start a foundation with AMEX, so that when I get out of school in 2 years and have a higher income I will already have a head start. Thanks for any opinions and advice.

Super Contributor

Re: Do I have any shot at AMEX BCE with my income?

Sure, for the initial approval, income has almost no bearing.

If you spend more, it may in the future.  But, don't worry about it now.

Valued Contributor

Do you know what your FICO scores are? They should have provided one with your rejection letter. We can better assist you if we know what your current FICO scores are. I think your income is sufficient if you have good enough credit.

259/21001600/16002400/25002000/2000,2013 Scores (Initially none cause I had no credit at all then TU:519 Recent scores:FICO EX 632,EQ 635,TU 659....Link to my Rebuild Log
Frequent Contributor

I'm young and don't make a lot of money anually ($20,000) and i was approved for the BCE in December ($2000 CL) and i requested the 3x CLI in February and i now have $6000
I'd say Go For it As long as you have credit history (at least 2 tradelines with 1+ year of history) a 700+ FiCO and no baddies
Valued Contributor

I can't speak to the impact of inquiries or any other potential credit negatives. But I know for sure that an income of $32k does not prevent a person from qualifying for an Amex BCE. I don't make a lot of money and I recently qualified and got my BCE.

Well, after an online chat with an AMEX rep, I decided to go ahead and apply. I called in and applied by phone and was approved for a $4000 limit. I didn't think they told you the limit right away, but maybe that's only if you apply online. I'm very excited about this!

Senior Contributor

Congrats!!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Valued Contributor

Ratfink123 wrote:

Well, after an online chat with an AMEX rep, I decided to go ahead and apply. I called in and applied by phone and was approved for a $4000 limit. I didn't think they told you the limit right away, but maybe that's only if you apply online. I'm very excited about this!

Fantastic! Great starting limit, too. Will be really impressive if they give you a 3X CLI at 61 days!

Valued Contributor

Congrats. That's awesome.

259/21001600/16002400/25002000/2000,2013 Scores (Initially none cause I had no credit at all then TU:519 Recent scores:FICO EX 632,EQ 635,TU 659....Link to my Rebuild Log

Thanks, guys. I don't post much, but over the past couple of years I've learned so much here that helped me clean up my credit. It took me about 20 months to go from credit reports that that were a disaster to good reports. If anyone has any doubts about the info you can get from this site I am a living testament to the contrary.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.