Valued Contributor

Re: Do I have chance with AMEX? (update)

LS2982 wrote:

dodgerslv wrote:

well tried it and bit the bullet on the AMEX Charge card and INSTANTLY APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS!!!!

Which one did you get??

thanks...just applied for the Green one. Just wanted to get my foot in the door with AMEX for the Costco TE and BCP down the road. Didnt want to push my luck so just applied for that one and not multiple ones cuz afraid of being HP again for the revolver.

Cards: (Chase x7) (Citi x6) (Amex x5) (BofA x3) (US Bank x4) (Barclays x4) (WF x3) (Cap1 x3) (Synch x3) (Penfed x2) ( Macys Amex) (Discover, Nasa ,Diners x1) PLOC: Citi (18k) WF (10k)
Frequent Contributor

Congrats !!!

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex Everyday Preferred $13,500, Amex Starwood $1000, Chase Freedom Visa Signature $5000, Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $10,000, Chase Ink Plus Visa Signature $5000 Barclaycard Arrival Plus MasterCard World Elite $5000, Cap One Quicksilver MasterCard $6000, Citi Forward Visa $6900, Discover IT $6000
Senior Contributor

Awesome!  Good going, I love the Amex charge cards!  

Valued Contributor

Open123 wrote:

Awesome!  Good going, I love the Amex charge cards!  

thanks everyone! and thanks alot for the input and advice from Open and everyone else!...im still stoked! cannot wait to apply for the Costco TE and BCP down the road...how long should i wait before applying for their revolvers? 3 months, 6 months?

Cards: (Chase x7) (Citi x6) (Amex x5) (BofA x3) (US Bank x4) (Barclays x4) (WF x3) (Cap1 x3) (Synch x3) (Penfed x2) ( Macys Amex) (Discover, Nasa ,Diners x1) PLOC: Citi (18k) WF (10k)
Valued Contributor

Re: Do I have chance with AMEX?

webhopper wrote:
I would say that your chances of an amex charge card are higher than your chances for a chase credit card... That's just my opinion.

Again thanks Web! Im glad i followed that advice and decided for the Amex rather than Chase.

Super Contributor

dodgerslv wrote:

well tried it and bit the bullet on the AMEX Charge card and INSTANTLY APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!! :smileyhappy: I knew you would get approved!!!!

Ron.

Frequent Contributor

Yay!! Congrats!
2/16/13 Scores EX: 594, TU:513, EQ:563 -- Cap One Secured: $200, Kay's: $400

GOAL #1: 625 -- CHECK!

3/31/15 Scores TU: 621 -- Cap One Secured: $750, Kay's: $900, CareCredit: $1000, Aerie $350, Fingerhut $1350

Goal #2: A travel card. REC ME!
Valued Contributor

Ron1 wrote:

dodgerslv wrote:

Congrats!!!! :smileyhappy: I knew you would get approved!!!!

Ron.

thanks Ron! My next bank i would love to set foot with is Citi. Im in no rush though...plan on applying for Costco TU and BCP first before i consider Chase or Citi. Unless of course i get a preapproval from them...:smileyhappy:

Valued Contributor

Henchman21 wrote:
Yay!! Congrats!

Thanks Hench! i am slowly creeping up to total primeville status...:smileywink: Its been a long journey so far.

Frequent Contributor

Congrats !

SisterGirl

SisterGirl
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.