Reply
Valued Contributor
dodgerslv
Posts: 1,843
Registered: ‎06-16-2012
0

Re: Do I have chance with AMEX?


SisterGirl wrote:

Congrats !

 

SisterGirl


thanks Sister!


Cards: (Citi- 82.7k) (Chase- 65k)) (US Bank- 18k) (Amex- 22.5k) (Barclays-40k) (BofA- 68k) (Cap1- 49.5K) (WF- 11k) (Penfed- 22.5k) (Discover- 8k) (Sync/GE- 15.7k) (NASA- 30k) (Diners- 15k)
Fico 08 scores (8/27/14) EX: 772 TU: 767 EQ: 778 (Utilization at 8% right now).





Super Contributor
Ron1
Posts: 5,477
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: Do I have chance with AMEX? (update)

[ Edited ]

I think Chase is better than Citi because you have better chance to recon if you application is denied.  I think Chase Freedom Card is better than Citi Dividend. (IMO). Costco Amex is good card to have. It gives you 2% cash back and 3% on gas. I used it a lot right next to my US Bank Cash+. I didn't see you have any credit union cc under  your signature. Have you looked at CU credit card like Penfed,Alliant?

 

 

Ron.

Valued Contributor
dodgerslv
Posts: 1,843
Registered: ‎06-16-2012
0

Re: Do I have chance with AMEX? (update)


Ron1 wrote:

I think Chase is better than Citi because you have better chance to recon if you application is denied.  I think Chase Freedom Card is better than Citi Dividend. (IMO). Costco Amex is good card to have. It gives you 2% cash back and 3% on gas. I used it a lot right next to my US Bank Cash+. I didn't see you have any credit union cc under  your signature. Have you looked at CU credit card like Penfed,Alliant?

 

 

Ron.


I was looking at Penfed because it doesnt require much to become a member. They are generous with CL but harder to get approved for their credit/lending products than other CU.I read they seem to pull EQ for memebership and credit which is one of my cleanest reports. Im still thinking about if to join or not.


Cards: (Citi- 82.7k) (Chase- 65k)) (US Bank- 18k) (Amex- 22.5k) (Barclays-40k) (BofA- 68k) (Cap1- 49.5K) (WF- 11k) (Penfed- 22.5k) (Discover- 8k) (Sync/GE- 15.7k) (NASA- 30k) (Diners- 15k)
Fico 08 scores (8/27/14) EX: 772 TU: 767 EQ: 778 (Utilization at 8% right now).





Super Contributor
Ron1
Posts: 5,477
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: Do I have chance with AMEX? (update)

Penfed is very conservative. I got approved for credit card and got denied for LOC. They pulled hard EQ for membership and they can use same pull for everything within 60 days.  You can ask to reon incase you get denied.  The customer service is excellent. 

 

By the way, which charge card did you apply?

 

 

Ron.

Established Contributor
toppers555
Posts: 552
Registered: ‎09-28-2012
0

Re: Do I have chance with AMEX? (update)

congrats.



TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!


Valued Contributor
dodgerslv
Posts: 1,843
Registered: ‎06-16-2012
0

Re: Do I have chance with AMEX? (update)

[ Edited ]

Ron1 wrote:

Penfed is very conservative. I got approved for credit card and got denied for LOC. They pulled hard EQ for membership and they can use same pull for everything within 60 days.  You can ask to reon incase you get denied.  The customer service is excellent. 

 

By the way, which charge card did you apply?

 

 

Ron.


yep, i agree and have read they do have excellent CS. The problem is that i still Chargeoffs reporting from 2007 (one paid, one unpaid). I know as conservative as they are i would probably get denied credit with them, despite a 704 EQ score. I did my research and they dont like baddies. I applied for the Green just to get in. The actuall cards that i want are the Costco TU and BCP.


Cards: (Citi- 82.7k) (Chase- 65k)) (US Bank- 18k) (Amex- 22.5k) (Barclays-40k) (BofA- 68k) (Cap1- 49.5K) (WF- 11k) (Penfed- 22.5k) (Discover- 8k) (Sync/GE- 15.7k) (NASA- 30k) (Diners- 15k)
Fico 08 scores (8/27/14) EX: 772 TU: 767 EQ: 778 (Utilization at 8% right now).





Valued Contributor
dodgerslv
Posts: 1,843
Registered: ‎06-16-2012
0

Re: Do I have chance with AMEX? (update)


toppers555 wrote:

congrats.


thanks topper!


Cards: (Citi- 82.7k) (Chase- 65k)) (US Bank- 18k) (Amex- 22.5k) (Barclays-40k) (BofA- 68k) (Cap1- 49.5K) (WF- 11k) (Penfed- 22.5k) (Discover- 8k) (Sync/GE- 15.7k) (NASA- 30k) (Diners- 15k)
Fico 08 scores (8/27/14) EX: 772 TU: 767 EQ: 778 (Utilization at 8% right now).





Super Contributor
Ron1
Posts: 5,477
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: Do I have chance with AMEX? (update)

I have seen people getting approved with baddies.  They need to fax over paystub with average credit.  Have you thought to apply for Allaint CU? I think you have a chance to get approved. Amex Green is basic charge card. You should have applied for PR Gold. 

 

 

Ron.

Valued Contributor
dodgerslv
Posts: 1,843
Registered: ‎06-16-2012
0

Re: Do I have chance with AMEX? (update)


Ron1 wrote:

I have seen people getting approved with baddies.  They need to fax over paystub with average credit.  Have you thought to apply for Allaint CU? I think you have a chance to get approved. Amex Green is basic charge card. You should have applied for PR Gold. 

 

 

Ron.


Havent done my research on Alliant but will. I know, i looked at the PR Gold and its rewards. But oh well, i am just stoked to finally be a part of the AMEX family. Cannot wait to get the Costco and BCP cards.


Cards: (Citi- 82.7k) (Chase- 65k)) (US Bank- 18k) (Amex- 22.5k) (Barclays-40k) (BofA- 68k) (Cap1- 49.5K) (WF- 11k) (Penfed- 22.5k) (Discover- 8k) (Sync/GE- 15.7k) (NASA- 30k) (Diners- 15k)
Fico 08 scores (8/27/14) EX: 772 TU: 767 EQ: 778 (Utilization at 8% right now).





Super Contributor
Ron1
Posts: 5,477
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: Do I have chance with AMEX? (update)


dodgerslv wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

I have seen people getting approved with baddies.  They need to fax over paystub with average credit.  Have you thought to apply for Allaint CU? I think you have a chance to get approved. Amex Green is basic charge card. You should have applied for PR Gold. 

 

 

Ron.


Havent done my research on Alliant but will. I know, i looked at the PR Gold and its rewards. But oh well, i am just stoked to finally be a part of the AMEX family. Cannot wait to get the Costco and BCP cards.


I think you have a chance to get approved for Alliant CU.  I've had the credit card with them for almost four years.  They're ok and I haven't got any CLD.  I got pre-approved when I joined. They don't offer any pre-approval for credit card and auto loan any more.  I'm you're going to like you Amex Green especially during travelling.  I waited about six months after getting approved for PR Gold few years ago. They only approved for $2K.  Amex will grow with you.  I got approved for both personal and business cards over the years. They offered me pre-approval for Platinum Amex. I didn't take it because I have no use for it. 

By the way, they might offer you to upgrade your Green into PR Gold without HP.

 

Ron.


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}