Frequent Contributor
SevenNEW

Re: Do I have too many cards?

[ Edited ]

Eiyanne wrote:
AAoA?

Average Age of Accounts. See the Common Abbreviation sticky.

SevenNEW, Zen Gardener - "Think about it, the garden is better than the Orchard!!"
In the Garden!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Eiyanne

I'm in the preocess of paying down my debt. The biggest hit that I take is a high utilization. When, I ever get my debt paid down, and my 2 baddies fall off, I calculate by next June. My fico scores will be over 750 and I can' t wait. It's been long time coming.
Senior Contributor
Wolf3

Eiyanne wrote:
I am now getting prime cards, I want to close out my old Household credit card, but it has the longest history. Macy's is next by 2 mos. Ive had both since 2005, what do you guys think?

I suggest waiting on Household until Captial One takes it over, and see what they do with it.  I don't see the point in closing Macy's.

Eiyanne

I forgot about that change, good tip. Thanks
Senior Contributor
score_building

Wolf3 wrote:

Eiyanne wrote:
I am now getting prime cards, I want to close out my old Household credit card, but it has the longest history. Macy's is next by 2 mos. Ive had both since 2005, what do you guys think?

I suggest waiting on Household until Captial One takes it over, and see what they do with it.  I don't see the point in closing Macy's.

+1

though wouldn't necessarily be holding out too much hope that the cap1 take over will lead to significantly better terms or customer/card services.

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+