Moderator Emeritus
Lel

Re: Do I need Costco Amex?

BluMoon, I received a notice with my last statement about the Costco Amex rewards reduction:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Costco-AMEX-restaurant-reduction/m-p/946210#M271361

Besides using this card at Costco, I only use this for travel and restaurants. I sometimes have to travel a lot, so the rewards add up after a while. I use a different rewards card for gas because it has a better cash back bonus.

I've considered taking a shot at applying for the blue cash preferred card, but there's a lot of inertia on my end.:smileyhappy:
Established Contributor
Tazman81

700orbust wrote:

Hauling,

So the BCP 3% works on Costco Gas? Is that the same for other wholesale gas pumps? (like Sam's Club, BJ's, etc)

If so that would be nice, as my company car I usually fill up at Sam's...

I think the only card that gives the higher percentage for gas at Costco is the Costco TrueEarnings...  All other cards specifically say it excludes wharehouse items.

Starting Score: Eq: 662 Tu: 532 (03/02/2011) CH7BK 01/12/2009 Discharge
Current Score: Eq: 692 (04/03/2013) Tu: 717 (04/03/2013)
Goal Score: Eq: 720 Tu: 740

Wallet: Chartway Visa 10k | AMEX Costco TE (AU) 25k | Cap One MC 750 | Cap One Visa 750
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Tazman81 wrote:

700orbust wrote:

Hauling,

So the BCP 3% works on Costco Gas? Is that the same for other wholesale gas pumps? (like Sam's Club, BJ's, etc)

If so that would be nice, as my company car I usually fill up at Sam's...

I think the only card that gives the higher percentage for gas at Costco is the Costco TrueEarnings...  All other cards specifically say it excludes wharehouse items.

I might have gone out on a limb on this one, and fallen right off.  :smileytongue:  I didn't consider if a Costco gas purchase is coded as a gas purchase or a Costco purchase. I'll have to try it out and see, but it will be a while before I can see which way it goes on my statement.

*slinks away in confusion*

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}