Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need Costco Amex?

tag
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Do I need Costco Amex?

BluMoon, I received a notice with my last statement about the Costco Amex rewards reduction:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Costco-AMEX-restaurant-reduction/m-p/946210#M271361

Besides using this card at Costco, I only use this for travel and restaurants. I sometimes have to travel a lot, so the rewards add up after a while. I use a different rewards card for gas because it has a better cash back bonus.

I've considered taking a shot at applying for the blue cash preferred card, but there's a lot of inertia on my end.Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 13
Tazman81
Established Contributor

@700orbust wrote:

Hauling,

So the BCP 3% works on Costco Gas? Is that the same for other wholesale gas pumps? (like Sam's Club, BJ's, etc)

If so that would be nice, as my company car I usually fill up at Sam's...

I think the only card that gives the higher percentage for gas at Costco is the Costco TrueEarnings...  All other cards specifically say it excludes wharehouse items.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 12 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Tazman81 wrote:

@700orbust wrote:

Hauling,

So the BCP 3% works on Costco Gas? Is that the same for other wholesale gas pumps? (like Sam's Club, BJ's, etc)

If so that would be nice, as my company car I usually fill up at Sam's...

I think the only card that gives the higher percentage for gas at Costco is the Costco TrueEarnings...  All other cards specifically say it excludes wharehouse items.

I might have gone out on a limb on this one, and fallen right off.  Smiley Tongue  I didn't consider if a Costco gas purchase is coded as a gas purchase or a Costco purchase. I'll have to try it out and see, but it will be a while before I can see which way it goes on my statement.

*slinks away in confusion*

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.