Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need any more cards?

tag
OneMoreCouch
Established Member

Do I need any more cards?

Hi All,

First off, I was fortunate enough to have a successful APP Spree (6 months after my first one). I got approved for AMEX Paltinum Morgan Stanley, and Chase Freedom for 11.5k (Way more than my CSP)

So in Total now, I have these cards:

Travel/Rewards: Chase CSP, AMEX Plat

Cashback: AMEX BCP, Chase Freedom

Random Card I never use: WF Rewards

However, I have the itch (and i applied for both Freedom and AMEX Plat on the same day) so I want to extend my luck and get maybe one more cards. However, I'm having a tough time justifyin my inner greed for another card (Where do I use it??)

I have travel/dining down with CSP and Plat, and I got gas/department store/groceries from Freedom and CSP. Any reccomendations to get another card?

Thanks

OMC

Mouse over for Credit Limit

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AwwwYeee
Regular Contributor

Re: Do I need any more cards?

@OneMoreCouch wrote:

Hi All,

First off, I was fortunate enough to have a successful APP Spree (6 months after my first one). I got approved for AMEX Paltinum Morgan Stanley, and Chase Freedom for 11.5k (Way more than my CSP)

However, I have the itch (and i applied for both Freedom and AMEX Plat on the same day) so I want to extend my luck and get maybe one more cards. However, I'm having a tough time justifyin my inner greed for another card (Where do I use it??)

I have travel/dining down with CSP and Plat, and I got gas/department store/groceries from Freedom and CSP. Any reccomendations to get another card?

Thanks

OMC

Barclay Arrival? I'd get it for the 40k bonus

Message 2 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Fidelity amex 2% no categories or limits!!!

Message 3 of 8
red259
Super Contributor

@AwwwYeee wrote:

@OneMoreCouch wrote:

Hi All,

Thanks

OMC

Barclay Arrival? I'd get it for the 40k bonus

+1 Its good to have a travel cash back card for incidental expenses and the arrival would be a nice fit for this. I have the same cards as you for the most part. I don't have the WF and instead of amex plat I took the PRG. Everything else is the same except I picked up the cap 1 venture card and it fits well. I will probably replace it with the arrival someday. The other options I would look at are cobranded cards if you have a specific hotel chain or airline you like. Since you just got new cards with amex and chase you may want to consider citi if you fly american or stay at hiltons. Would give you another lender to build with.  

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 4 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Depending on gas and grocery spend I would also add Sallie Mae, as Freedom/CSP do not cover them all the time.

Message 5 of 8
budugu
Regular Contributor

Depends on your annual spend. Can you cover the initial spend requirements to get the sign up bonus atleast? That would be my criteria. Also might as well maximize the CSP-Freedom combination for a year before applying for others as that will maximize your first year fee free CSP.

amex - plat + bcp, Apple Card, Citi Prestige (AU)
Message 6 of 8
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

How about a Huntington Voice card with 3% back on utilities (electric, water, natural gas and most cable companies)?  It has several great reward categories to choose from.  I also really like my Discover IT card.  Those are two you might consider. 

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 7 of 8
Jeff007245
Regular Contributor

Discover IT - Revolving Categories

AMEX Everyday - Groceries, Gas, Department Store. (MR instead of Cash, and good if BCP groceries spend > 6k)

Request CLI on current Lineup

Garden
2/16/14
|*****1/2014 - NPSL*****| *4/2011 6,000 CL* |*11/2011 - 5,000 CL*| *9/2012 - 850 CL* | *1/2014 - 500 CL* |*2/2014 - 6,000 CL*|
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.