Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need more CC or should I stop?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do I need more CC or should I stop?

@Anonymous wrote:

Should I get more CC or Im in good hand, just keep my payment on time and these goody will help me in the long run?

Go for Discover Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 12
KoolDev
Regular Contributor

Re: Do I need more CC or should I stop?

What everyone is saying about sitting tight is correct.   Credit One was the first card i got rid of.  I started where you are now.  I went on a spree and got good cards last year and like Jennifer, i had too many.  I just closed two Cap 1 cards, CFNA Bridgestone card and a Home Depot.   LET THEM AGE, I would however get rid of the costly credit one.

Now you need to sit back and be patient.   If you do like i did and get too many, it can adversely affect you.   My scores are in the 700's now.  Payment history is 100 % and only one derog ( paid off medical collection of $156).   I called my credit union about financing a vehicle a few weeks ago.  My loan officer said they couldnt because of a BNI score that had dropped too low.  This measured the possibility of Bankruptcy if i was to use all my credit that was available.  So I am now on a mission to close all the small cards and reduce myself to 4 cards before Christmas and pay off 3 other loans i have out there.  Becareful, too many cards can hurt you.  Sit tight and let that score grow Smiley Happy

My Sock Drawer: Care Credit $4200-0, JCP 2100-0, Chase 3000-0, Chase Freedom $4500.00-0, WF $1000.00-0.00
In Use: NFCU Visa Sig $17.5k- 0.00k
I still have too MANY CARDS
Starting Score 538
Current Score Oct 30-14 701 fico Eq-- 745 Fico Tu-- 713 Fico Ex
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.