cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I risk an APR change if I request a PC?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I risk an APR change if I request a PC?

I have a branded card through my college alumni association at 13% fixed. No rewards. The current version of this card is a Visa Signature version with a range of 13-23%(v) plus cash back rewards. If I request a PC to the current version, will I keep the fixed APR, or do I risk a bump?

(This is just hypothetical at this point since I am still paying off debt, but I am curious.)

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do I risk an APR change if I request a PC?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my experience credit card product changes did not require bureau pulls or terms and condition changes. Have done it several times with different lenders.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vireo,

I was able to do a PC and it didnt change my APR. I would suggest call the bank in question and ask. Heck Cap 1 PC me to quicksilver, all I had to do was accept.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I just wish people could answer the question and not give an unsolicited opinion. I am digging my way out of a lot of CC debt, so I know the danger. I don't want the APR to jump because I want to have at least one card in case of emergency, and right now I'm not going to get any better than 13%.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am digging my way out of a lot of CC debt, so I know the danger.

Kudos! Been there, so I know what you're going through. When you emerge from the other end it feels fantastic!

Message 6 of 7
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks. I just wish people could answer the question and not give an unsolicited opinion. I am digging my way out of a lot of CC debt, so I know the danger. I don't want the APR to jump because I want to have at least one card in case of emergency, and right now I'm not going to get any better than 13%.

I firmly agree! Let's all respect the original poster and follow their wishes! Thank you all!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.