Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I stand a chance with Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I stand a chance with Amex

I had an amex card about 15 years ago that was charged off. I paid the balance in whole about 6 months ago. I elected not to get into the oasis program . Do I stand a chance getting a regular blue or clear card or has amex blacklisted me forever ??

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Re: Do I stand a chance with Amex

@Anonymous wrote:

I had an amex card about 15 years ago that was charged off. I paid the balance in whole about 6 months ago. I elected not to get into the oasis program . Do I stand a chance getting a regular blue or clear card or has amex blacklisted me forever ??

I think as long as you paid up, you have a chance.  No guarantees, but the PIF keeps the door open for you. 

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 2 of 5
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@visorboy1974 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think as long as you paid up, you have a chance.  No guarantees, but the PIF keeps the door open for you. 

+1.

Message 3 of 5
CS800
Super Contributor

With AMEX there is no logic as to what will work although having PIF their charge off will help. I know of two very good examples where :

Example 1:

Person 1 charged off with a $2200 balance in 1997 and got approved in 2009 for an AMEX gold - He PIF in 2000

Example 2:

Person 2 charged off in 1995 with a $350 balance and got denied this year for an AMEX Zync - PIF in 1997

Go figure.

I myself closed my account in good standing with them in 2005 since I wasnt using it. I know when the time comes for me to apply, I'd still be very nervous even though me and AMEX parted ways amicably.But an AMEX for me will be mostly for the back dating.

LEt us know how it turns out.

Message 4 of 5
ShootingStar
Regular Contributor

And there are also people whom never PIF and were approved.  No rhyme or reason.

"It's myFICO and I can cry if I want to!"

Starting Score January 1, 2010: 640
Current Scores Updated Sept. 6, 2011: EQ: 765 / TU: 778 / EX PLUS: 773
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

"Working my way up!" Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.