Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Contributor

Do Macy Check EQ??

I live in So Cal and although I'm still 2 1/2 months away from my App spree I'm just so excited and what to make sure I have all the info i need when the time comes! Thank you guys... You are soo much help!

Senior Contributor

Re: Do Macy Check EQ??

[ Edited ]

Have historically been a big EX puller, recent reports of EQ pulls are cropping up, not sure if an apparent shift to using EQ in some cases relates to canidates with frozen EX reports.

06/13: TU 779 (Barclays) EQ 771 (DCU) EX 765 (PSECU)
Valued Contributor

They soft my EQ report every 3 months.  I've heard the initial app gets EX pulled and then when you actually get the account, CLIs are based on the EQ soft pulls.    

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Contributor

Thank you guys! Just saw my Mom Experian report and yea they do check them to start credit. Guess I gotta pay closer attention to EX Because I do want a Macy's card!

Established Contributor

Macys pulled only EX when i got approved (Texas).

Contributor

@Namvet

What limit did they give you?

Epic Contributor

I believe it to be EX with APP also...

APPLY IN STORE ONLY!!!

Macy's Credit - National Store what not... = (Citi) is one of the weirdest store cards EVER... I can't tell you how many times I have seen them Flag my store account and cancel (yes CANCEL) entire orders because it was done online and they said they were not able to verify (Mind you this is after having account over 4 years and having same adress and being elite and having a $10k+ limit and they still thought it could be fraud!)  I have also seen accounts opened online and if the person does not come into store at some point they get very worried and I have seen those accounts on hold until customer comes into store to show ID.

plus in store you can get approved for store and possibly amex, at home you can't get approved for amex at time of app.

Fico Scores 8: EX 694. TU 689. EQ 658. 05/26/2015
Established Contributor

GreatCreditFor2012 wrote:
@Namvet

What limit did they give you?

The initial limit was $1500.  Got auto CLI at 6 months to $2500. 
Minimal use of the card.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.