Contributor
GreatCreditFor2012

Do Macy Check EQ??

I live in So Cal and although I'm still 2 1/2 months away from my App spree I'm just so excited and what to make sure I have all the info i need when the time comes! Thank you guys... You are soo much help!

Senior Contributor
score_building

Re: Do Macy Check EQ??

[ Edited ]

Have historically been a big EX puller, recent reports of EQ pulls are cropping up, not sure if an apparent shift to using EQ in some cases relates to canidates with frozen EX reports.

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Valued Contributor
visorboy1974

They soft my EQ report every 3 months.  I've heard the initial app gets EX pulled and then when you actually get the account, CLIs are based on the EQ soft pulls.    

Contributor
GreatCreditFor2012

Thank you guys! Just saw my Mom Experian report and yea they do check them to start credit. Guess I gotta pay closer attention to EX Because I do want a Macy's card!

Established Contributor
namvet

Macys pulled only EX when i got approved (Texas).

Contributor
GreatCreditFor2012

@Namvet

What limit did they give you?

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

I believe it to be EX with APP also...

APPLY IN STORE ONLY!!!

Macy's Credit - National Store what not... = (Citi) is one of the weirdest store cards EVER... I can't tell you how many times I have seen them Flag my store account and cancel (yes CANCEL) entire orders because it was done online and they said they were not able to verify (Mind you this is after having account over 4 years and having same adress and being elite and having a $10k+ limit and they still thought it could be fraud!)  I have also seen accounts opened online and if the person does not come into store at some point they get very worried and I have seen those accounts on hold until customer comes into store to show ID.

plus in store you can get approved for store and possibly amex, at home you can't get approved for amex at time of app.

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Established Contributor
namvet

GreatCreditFor2012 wrote:
@Namvet

What limit did they give you?

The initial limit was $1500.  Got auto CLI at 6 months to $2500. 
Minimal use of the card.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}