cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do More Than 6 People Have Discover IT?

tag
slarano
Frequent Contributor

Re: Do More Than 6 People Have Discover IT?

I have it. I wish they would offer more colors for its design, though. Smiley Happy

ImageImageImage

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know what kind of scores they are approving people for this card? I'm curious to know if they are targeting more people with a lower average credit score because of the perks this card offers,

From what I've read I'm wondering why they would even offer this card when the majority of Discover card holders they approve already have a stellar credit history and make payments on time to begin with.

I'm just trying to understand what type of people they are trying to market this card to. It's just not making a lot of sense to me atm.

Okay, yesterday when I went to discover site and filled out the pre qualify info it said the More card was recommended along with 4 other cards as well. I did it again today and now it's only recomending the Discover IT card...

Message 12 of 19
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know what kind of scores they are approving people for this card? I'm curious to know if they are targeting more people with a lower average credit score because of the perks this card offers,

From what I've read I'm wondering why they would even offer this card when the majority of Discover card holders they approve already have a stellar credit history and make payments on time to begin with.

I'm just trying to understand what type of people they are trying to market this card to. It's just not making a lot of sense to me atm.

Okay, yesterday when I went to discover site and filled out the pre qualify info it said the More card was recommended along with 4 other cards as well. I did it again today and now it's only recomending the Discover IT card...

They tryna competitive with other CC company like Citi, Chase, Amex ....etc......They  stand out with most of the best benefit so ppl might interest on their card more compare with other company. Specially the sexy look. Ppl keep complain about why its only one design but why I haven't heard nobody complain about their Blue CAsh Every or BCP or Blue sky and most all of their Amex card came with only unique design.

Discover IT + most of the benefit that come with the more. I wonder why wouldnt i want to convert to it with only one simple conversation with their CS !!??? Yoooo we get an extra benefit for free ??? There's no lost........Ppl would going crazy and compliment on your new card as a first Discover IT that they ever seen or hold on their hand. I work in sale department and swipe them plastic everday but never ever see Discover IT before.

Maybe Discover tryna do the earn more targets with their sharp sexy look and number stay on the back of the card. Those marketing pppl come with much more ideas and so far Discover would be my number 1 speding card with their 5% cash back quarter + shop Discover and 2% cash back bonus that offer every month.....Save me almost 100 so far and i only had the card for 24 days..........I love it.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 13 of 19
jake619
Frequent Contributor

@nicholasyud - so you got IT with the FICOs in your sig?  Are those FAKO or FICO?

Message 14 of 19
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@jake619 wrote:

@nicholasyud - so you got IT with the FICOs in your sig?  Are those FAKO or FICO?

They pull EQ 675 and TU 680 on me for their apps. I had the More and Convert to IT after 25 days Smiley Very Happy Fico Score

Message 15 of 19
BlueNightStar
Regular Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

@jake619 wrote:

They pull EQ 675 and TU 680 on me for their apps. I had the More and Convert to IT after 25 days Smiley Very Happy Fico Score

Do you have any negatives? I really want this card but am unsure of my approval chances. Results seem mixed.

Message 16 of 19
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

2 charge off CC in 2008 unpaid show $0 balance.

Message 17 of 19
BlueNightStar
Regular Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

2 charge off CC in 2008 unpaid show $0 balance.

Thank you. I have one small medical collection. I think I'll keep to my plan and app in Feb 2013.

Message 18 of 19
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

goodluck

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.