New Visitor
Passport

Do Most Secured CCs Soft or Hard pull

So, I just got off chat with a Capital One rep who didn't appear to know what he was talking about.

For most secured CCs (orchard/HBC, cap one secured, applied secured, etc), is there a hard pull involved somewhere in the application process or are all the reviews non-damaging?

Community Leader
Valued Contributor
-Cain-

Re: Do Most Secured CCs Soft or Hard pull

Most CCs will hard pull, even for secure. Public Savings may not do a pull though I believe.

Starting Score: EQ 681 5/2011, EX 656 6/2011 (PSECU), TU98 642 6/2011
Current Score: EQ 741 12/2011, EX 734 11/2012 (PSECU), TU98 695 9/2012
Goal Score: 725+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

New Contributor
nelsondavidd

That's right, Public Savings is the only that doesn't hard pull.

Valued Contributor
Datx

[ Edited ]

FYI, Cap One pulls all three CRAs for their cards. IMO, its a good secured card. Easy to add deposits later down the road to increase your limit. If you can find a good CU to join that offers a secured card, that would be the better option.

TU: 603 – EQ: 569 – EX: N/A – May 2010

Established Contributor
kjm79

MyCreditStinks wrote:

FYI, Cap One pulls all three CRAs for their cards. IMO, its a good secured card. Easy to add deposits later down the road to increase your limit. If you can find a good CU to join that offers a secured card, that would be the better option.

I was under the impression Cap1 pulled all 3 as well.  My DH went to app for a Cap1 thinking he would be declined actually (wanted to get EX score and he was told Cap1 pulled EX).  He ended up being approved for the Cap1 and with the account disclosures they supplied his EQ FICO score.  Checked reports and only EQ was pulled.  It's been almost two weeks now and still only EQ...

Starting Score: TU? EQ 585 EX? (12/06) (CH 7 bk 11/04)
Current Score: (5/12) TU 699 (myFICO) TU 709 (WalMart) EQ 690 EX 686 (CC denial 7/11)
Goal Score: 720 Across the Board by Mid 2012
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}