Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Most Secured CCs Soft or Hard pull

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do Most Secured CCs Soft or Hard pull

So, I just got off chat with a Capital One rep who didn't appear to know what he was talking about.

For most secured CCs (orchard/HBC, cap one secured, applied secured, etc), is there a hard pull involved somewhere in the application process or are all the reviews non-damaging?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: Do Most Secured CCs Soft or Hard pull

Most CCs will hard pull, even for secure. Public Savings may not do a pull though I believe.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's right, Public Savings is the only that doesn't hard pull.

Message 3 of 5
Datx
Valued Contributor

FYI, Cap One pulls all three CRAs for their cards. IMO, its a good secured card. Easy to add deposits later down the road to increase your limit. If you can find a good CU to join that offers a secured card, that would be the better option.

Message 4 of 5
kjm79
Valued Contributor

@MyCreditStinks wrote:

FYI, Cap One pulls all three CRAs for their cards. IMO, its a good secured card. Easy to add deposits later down the road to increase your limit. If you can find a good CU to join that offers a secured card, that would be the better option.

I was under the impression Cap1 pulled all 3 as well.  My DH went to app for a Cap1 thinking he would be declined actually (wanted to get EX score and he was told Cap1 pulled EX).  He ended up being approved for the Cap1 and with the account disclosures they supplied his EQ FICO score.  Checked reports and only EQ was pulled.  It's been almost two weeks now and still only EQ...

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.