cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do MyFico High Rollers Ever Laugh at Us Peasants?

tag
Johnny_Favorite
Regular Contributor

Do MyFico High Rollers Ever Laugh at Us Peasants?

Just wondering if you guys with $35,000 JP Morgan cards and such ever read about dudes like me getting their first $500 Victoria's Secret card and chuckle to yourselves? Do you ever just stare in the mirror and say, "You made it baby, you're not like those peasants at Myfico bragging about their $150 Beall's store card."

This is a lighthearted post so hope nobody gets offended. It's meant in jest. Still, it has to be pretty amusing for guys with high credit to see some of the posts here.

Message 1 of 82
81 REPLIES 81
colindidit
Established Contributor

Re: Do MyFico High Rollers Ever Laugh at Us Peasants?

Lol I feel the same way . I'd get excited just to get a pre approval for a citi and I feel people are like CITI? I SPIT ON CITI!
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 2 of 82
texamel
Valued Member

Nope.  We all had to start at the beginning. 

Message 3 of 82
TrishN
Established Contributor

My dad he received pre-approval from walmart and they approved for him 150 $ CL lol zzzzzzz. He is business man with milllion dollars CL, we laugh so hard. because i bet with him, if he approved more than 1 K ill pay for his vacation.If he lost,he just give me a candy Smiley Very Happy . i just want to give my dad and mom a vacation time,but God play people 

10/2012 Started with 588 EQ Fico score and 20+ CA and CO
1750$ total CL
10/2013 in 700 Club
Personal :Total CL 196K
Business : Total CL 200K
Business LOC : 1M
Garden From 10/13/2013
Message 4 of 82
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Although I'm not in the high roller / high achiever realm I still get a little vicarious thrill reading about someone achieving a goal or getting to the next level. Whether that is securing a low limit credit card or getting their first 5 digit credit line it reminds me of my own process of crawling through credit hades. Today I thankfully have what I need but it only happened by reading these forums and putting into practice the sage lessons of the credit worthy high rollers who shared their experience and knowledge.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 82
QueenofReinvention
Contributor

@Johnny_Favorite wrote:

Just wondering if you guys with $35,000 JP Morgan cards and such ever read about dudes like me getting their first $500 Victoria's Secret card and chuckle to yourselves? Do you ever just stare in the mirror and say, "You made it baby, you're not like those peasants at Myfico bragging about their $150 Beall's store card."

This is a lighthearted post so hope nobody gets offended. It's meant in jest. Still, it has to be pretty amusing for guys with high credit to see some of the posts here.

Hahaa! I never really thought about that. I moreso thought about the people who look in the BK and/or Rebuilding Credit threads and shake their heads at those of us who royally screwed up!

Thanks for giving me a laugh, because as I read it, I thought of "Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the most credit worthy of them all!" Ha!

Message 6 of 82
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

I've been around here only a month or so. I've never had credit troubles, but with my small income I'm not a high roller, either.

And I love the way everybody helps everybody in a spirit of "we're all in this together."

What I sometimes worry about is that you guys who are just pulling yourself out of problems will laugh at me for getting all alarmed if my score drops below 740 or something. Because the truth is, when I look at the hell some of you have been through or are still going through, I bless my good fortune -- and I admire you so much for pushing your way through all those obstacles. 

I would be so overwhelmed if I faced what some of you have endured!

Message 7 of 82
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Johnny_Favorite wrote:

Not a high roller here, just sorta medium roller Smiley LOL

Yes, I chuckle...but not because of where you are...but remembering where I came from!  You are me, not all that long ago!

We all start somewhere and just finding this place and sharing "war stories" can be encouragement to get where ya wanna be. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 82
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Gunnar. That is such an honest and appropriate post!!! I applaud you for it!

It goes to show that we ALL can provide valuable insight to others.
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 9 of 82
toppers555
Established Contributor

I wouldn't consider myself a high roller yet, more like low-medium.  I don't see any of my card limits hitting 10k+ to end of year once my final baddies fall off , but I do have over 20k in credit . But yeah I do chunkle but as other have said because I remember when I was the in position,and how much progress I have made.  I remember when Capitol One gave me a 500 cl , and it was my highest credit limit. Now I have  mutil cards with over 5k limits.

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 10 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.