cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Scheduling Future Payments That Total Over Your Entire CL Look Bad...?

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Do Scheduling Future Payments That Total Over Your Entire CL Look Bad...?

I use my barclays card all the time and did not want to worry about making my weekly payments so I just scheduled them

MY CL is 3500

My Bal is about 2700

I wanted to schedule payments so I would not need to worry about it, but the total amount of all the payments added up is 5400 (over my CL)

900 payment on 9/27

900 payment on 10/4

900 payment on 10/11

900 payment on 10/25

900 payment on 11/3

900 payment on 11/8

Does this look bad to the bank or actually good because it shows I have the cash to pay the card and then some?

Does scheduling help when the credit department decides to approve or decline a CLI via the backroor number?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Do Scheduling Future Payments That Total Over Your Entire CL Look Bad...?

I personally would not schedule that many payments; but in my opinion its not a bad thing
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 4
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
I personally would not schedule that many payments; but in my opinion its not a bad thing

I agree I would not either.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 4
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

It doesn't make any difference to the bank, the future scheduled payments aren't being taken into account by anyone as to your creditworthiness.  I've scheduled payments up to a year in advance, all they care about is getting at least the minimum payment each period.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.