Established Contributor
MrCredit

Re: Do Secured credit cards work?

HSBCs Orchard secured card I read in another post they do not unsecure it anymore after a year like BOA does. Check some CUs around your area, and if you owe BOA money try US Bank they are a very good bank, not well known in the Eastern states, mostly mid-west but they have a strong balance sheet and they are stable.
Valued Contributor
wmarat

Yes, secured card helps. I would advise BOA or/and local CU.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Gettingright

Thanks for the advice everyone, I will check out my options.
Regular Contributor
hayhayday

my aunt got a bofa secured with a ~$200 bofa collection(unpaid) on her credit and chex for account closed after nsf
New Contributor
AyalaZero

Yeah, definately go with the BofA credit card.  I had a secured card for $500, my credit scores went up from 25-30 points the second it hit my reports.  It hit my reports the same day I opened it.  This Monday (after nine months and 1 day) I called to get it unsecured, they checked my history with them, put me on hold, and said "ok, we unsecured it and raised your limit up $500."  I mainly paid the account infull each month.  But yeah, they are difenately worth it. :smileyhappy:
Starting Scores: Low 500's 2/27/08
Current Scores:Transunion: 686 11/08/13 Experian: 659 12/02/13 Equifax: 703 12/03/13
Goal Score: 770 Across the board!!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}