cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do They Mind When You Go In The Back Door?

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Do They Mind When You Go In The Back Door?

Before signing onto this forum a few months ago, the only credit card contact info that I knew of was on the back of the card.  After being here for awhile, I've found out about back door phone numbers, e-mailing the executive offices, sending up smoke signals ect, ect...   I don't know how long people have been using these contact options but... do the companys mind?  Before this info was posted online, I'm thinking they just get an average number of business calls each day. After reading some of the posts here, it seems like they are getting hundreds of e-mails/phone calls from people wanting CLIs. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Re: Do They Mind When You Go In The Back Door?

Sometimes they are a little taken back with the reaction "how did you get this number" or "why are you calling me" attitude at first. But after explaining my situation, they usually understand why I am calling them. I am still a little nervous when calling so I try to solve the issue through the regular channel first.

PS: might want to rephrase the title Smiley Surprised

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SwiftTone wrote:

Sometimes they are a little taken back with the reaction "how did you get this number" or "why are you calling me" attitude at first. But after explaining my situation, they usually understand why I am calling them. I am still a little nervous when calling so I try to solve the issue through the regular channel first.

PS: funny title...

Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 27
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Pahahhahahahahahahhaa "do they mind if you go in the backdoor"....
Uh oh, mods might get you.:-X

LOL yeah, sometimes they are like "how'd you get this num".
Otoh, Ive had reps be like "you calling for a recon?"

So ymmv. I think it depends on how nice the person really is lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 27
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Pahahhahahahahahahhaa "do they mind if you go in the backdoor"....
Uh oh, mods might get you.:-X

LOL yeah, sometimes they are like "how'd you get this num".
Otoh, Ive had reps be like "you calling for a recon?"

So ymmv. I think it depends on how nice the person really is lol

the answer may be yes depending on the context and person you talk to.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 5 of 27
djrez4
Established Contributor

Usually not as long as you warn her first.  HIYO!  Smiley LOL

I've never had an issue.  I call them every time I apply because I'm either impatient or not happy with the CL.

Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL A GOOD FRIDAY TITLE!!!!!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 27
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Nice play on words,, lol..  OK, enough of that.  If it wasn't an option, they wouldn't have it.  That way you just don't have some computer crunching numbers and doesn't know the whole story.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 8 of 27
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

see i was thinking to myself should I click on this topic?? Smiley Wink

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 9 of 27
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Capital One did give me bad mouth when I called executive line. So I'd say some do mind if you call backdoor.

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.