cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Vanilla Reloads trigger Amex Financial Review?

tag
jenn_bar
Frequent Contributor

Re: Do Vanilla Reloads trigger Amex Financial Review?

Yeah, I would watch how you spend the first few months; however you're entering the awesome world of manufactured spending!!

If you have another card, I would suggest doing this for your loans that do not accept credit card, as this is a great way of getting points for what you spend. There is a great forum on Flyer Talk that can get you way more information, but I use Blue Bird and Vanilla Reloads, which go onto my My Vanilla Debit.

I spend about $2k/month on giftcards and swap them between the cards I have used. I have used my AMEX before to buy a reloadable giftcard (only $500 worth), and no harm was done, but it would not be something I would do monthly just because I have a small limit.

I think being practical is the best answer. Some people do go overboard and solely use the system for their sign-up bonuses. However, if you have legitimate reasons for buying the giftcards, there is no harm or shame. IE I have no problem explaining to Chase or AMEX that my apartment complex/utiltity company does not accept CC, so I use Blue Bird (which is through AMEX) to pay with them.

Message 11 of 12
bribro
Valued Contributor

Re: Do Vanilla Reloads trigger Amex Financial Review?

1 or 2 $500 VRs probably won't trigger an FR, but you never know. Make sure there are plenty of "legitimate" transactions on your statement, not just VRs.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.