cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Visa Signature Credit Cards Still Refuse To Report Credit Limits?

tag
Iincognito
Regular Contributor

Re: Do Visa Signature Credit Cards Still Refuse To Report Credit Limits?

@HiLine wrote:

I wish I had read threads like this before applying for my BoA Visa Signature card. Now the high limit on this card is pointless. There's no way I can charge to this card even half of the limit they gave me. Is there a way to downgrade the card to a regular Visa? Or in the future is there a way you can specifically request that they not give you a Signature when applying?

HiLine,

I was also interested in having my BofA credit limit reported and not necessarily in the Visa Signature benefits -- successfully changing the card to a Platinum Mastercard (or in your case, a regular Visa card). Here is my thread from a few months back:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/BankAmericard-Cash-Rewards-change-from-Signature-Visa-t...

Hopefully it helps...

Message 21 of 39
Elcid89
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm looking at the BoA Americard Cash Rewards and noticed it was a Visa Signature credit card. A quick Google search showed threads from 2008 and 2010 saying Visa Signature credit cards do not report credit limits so a user's credit score will take a hit.

So, as the title states, are Visa Signature credit cards still not reporting credit limits?

All of the Signature cards in my profile report limits.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 22 of 39
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

My Ritz Carlton Signature Visa reports as "Account Type" Revolving and under "Credit Limit" reports my limit.  Under the description, it says Flexible Spending Credit Card.  Reports the same onTransunion.  It's been that way since I opened the card  last October.

Chase Marriott Visa $25,000 | Chase Southwest Visa $25,000 | PFCU Visa $20,000 | Capital One Savor $20,000 | Nordstrom Visa $20,000 | GUCU Visa $10,500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver Visa $10,000 | US Bank Perks Visa $9,000 | Barclays Cash Forward Visa $6,000 | BB&T Spectrum Cash Visa $3,500
Message 23 of 39
Wahoo
Valued Member

Here is a good research study of this subject.  It is from 2010 but should still be relevant.

http://education.cardhub.com/no-preset-spending-limit-2010/

EX08: 832 (myFICO 10/07/14)
TU08: 806 (Walmart/MC 05/06/15)
TU08: 834 (myFICO 10/07/14)
EQ08: 830 (myFICO 10/07/14)
EQ04: 809 (Digital Credit Union 05/29/15)
Message 24 of 39
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

My US Bank Cash+ card reports my credit line.

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 25 of 39
IrishPM
Frequent Contributor

I have the Citi Hilton HHonors Signature Visa card and it reports balance as well as total credit limit ($9,500). I also have the BMW Signature Visa card and it reports both balance and credit limit.

Message 26 of 39
HiLine
Blogger

@Iincognito wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

I wish I had read threads like this before applying for my BoA Visa Signature card. Now the high limit on this card is pointless. There's no way I can charge to this card even half of the limit they gave me. Is there a way to downgrade the card to a regular Visa? Or in the future is there a way you can specifically request that they not give you a Signature when applying?

HiLine,

I was also interested in having my BofA credit limit reported and not necessarily in the Visa Signature benefits -- successfully changing the card to a Platinum Mastercard (or in your case, a regular Visa card). Here is my thread from a few months back:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/BankAmericard-Cash-Rewards-change-from-Signature-Visa-t...

Hopefully it helps...

Hi lincognito,
Thanks for that helpful thread. It's great to hear of a success story! I might switch to Platinum Mastercard like you did, or I might end up applying for the Mastercard version, shifting part of the credit limit from the Visa Signature to the Mastercard. This way I can benefit from both the extra perks of the Signature and the reported credit limit of the Mastercard. What do you think of the latter strategy? 

Message 27 of 39
guydiver
Established Contributor

My Cabela's signature Visa came a couple months ago, it replaced my regular Cabela's Visa that I've had for a few years now.  The new card said Signature on it with all the accompanying paperwork.  It still reports the CL, same as it did before.  Funny thing is, my statements online say I am $xxx away from achieving Signature status. Go figure.

Message 28 of 39
OwNt
New Contributor

The signature cards that still do not report limits are those from Bank of America. 

Most all other lenders now report limits on signatures.

~~Credit Cards~~
Alliant Platinum Rewards Visa, AmEx BCP, BofA Power Rewards, Bank of the West Platinum, Barclay Rewards World MC, Chase Freedom/Chase Sapphire Preferred, Citi Thank You Preferred/Citi Dividend Select, Discover IT, FNBOmaha, Paypal MC, US Bank Cash+/US Bank Perks+.

Total: $300,000+ in lines.
Message 29 of 39
HiLine
Blogger

@OwNt wrote:

The signature cards that still do not report limits are those from Bank of America. 

Most all other lenders now report limits on signatures.

We need to file a complaint...

Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.