Regular Contributor
Iincognito

Re: Do Visa Signature Credit Cards Still Refuse To Report Credit Limits?

HiLine wrote:

I wish I had read threads like this before applying for my BoA Visa Signature card. Now the high limit on this card is pointless. There's no way I can charge to this card even half of the limit they gave me. Is there a way to downgrade the card to a regular Visa? Or in the future is there a way you can specifically request that they not give you a Signature when applying?

HiLine,

I was also interested in having my BofA credit limit reported and not necessarily in the Visa Signature benefits -- successfully changing the card to a Platinum Mastercard (or in your case, a regular Visa card). Here is my thread from a few months back:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/BankAmericard-Cash-Rewards-change-from-Signature-Visa-t...

Hopefully it helps...

Current Scores (as of 04/22/13): EQ FICO=795; TU FICO =766; EX =763

BankAmericard Cash Rewards ($20,000) | Amex Platinum (NPSL) | Amex Clear ($20,000) | Amex Blue Cash ($2,500) | Chase Freedom ($11,000) | PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards ($5,000) | Barclaycard Apple ($5,000) | Discover More ($6,500) | BankAmericard Cash Rewards [Authorized User] ($15,000)
New Contributor
Elcid89

Sobe wrote:

I'm looking at the BoA Americard Cash Rewards and noticed it was a Visa Signature credit card. A quick Google search showed threads from 2008 and 2010 saying Visa Signature credit cards do not report credit limits so a user's credit score will take a hit.

So, as the title states, are Visa Signature credit cards still not reporting credit limits?

All of the Signature cards in my profile report limits.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Frequent Contributor
Strepthroat

My Ritz Carlton Signature Visa reports as "Account Type" Revolving and under "Credit Limit" reports my limit.  Under the description, it says Flexible Spending Credit Card.  Reports the same onTransunion.  It's been that way since I opened the card  last October.

Marriott Rewards Visa $25,000; AirTran A+Rewards Visa $25,000; PFCU Visa $17,000; Barclay B&N MasterCard $12,000; GUCU Visa $10,500; Nordstrom Visa $10,000; GOCU Visa $10,000; Ann Taylor MasterCard $6,400; US Bank Perks Plus Visa $5,000; Barclay Arrival MasterCard $5,000; Quicksilver One $3,000; Capital One Classic $3,000; Amazon Visa $500; Sam's Club MasterCard $250; Dillards AMEX $250; Wal-Mart MasterCard $250.
Valued Member
Wahoo

Here is a good research study of this subject.  It is from 2010 but should still be relevant.

http://education.cardhub.com/no-preset-spending-limit-2010/

EX08: 832 (myFICO 10/07/14)
TU08: 821 (Walmart/MC 10/06/14)
TU08: 834 (myFICO 10/07/14)
EQ08: 830 (myFICO 10/07/14)
EQ04: 802 (Digital Credit Union 09/26/14)
Valued Contributor
Imhotrodcrazy

My US Bank Cash+ card reports my credit line.

FICOS
TU 805 10/18/14
EX 806 10/26/14
EQ 821 10/27/14

NASA 30K / / Amex 16.5k / / Chase Freedom 10.6k / / / / / SD'd US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k
Regular Contributor
IrishPM

I have the Citi Hilton HHonors Signature Visa card and it reports balance as well as total credit limit ($9,500). I also have the BMW Signature Visa card and it reports both balance and credit limit.

Blogger
HiLine

Iincognito wrote:

HiLine wrote:

I wish I had read threads like this before applying for my BoA Visa Signature card. Now the high limit on this card is pointless. There's no way I can charge to this card even half of the limit they gave me. Is there a way to downgrade the card to a regular Visa? Or in the future is there a way you can specifically request that they not give you a Signature when applying?

HiLine,

I was also interested in having my BofA credit limit reported and not necessarily in the Visa Signature benefits -- successfully changing the card to a Platinum Mastercard (or in your case, a regular Visa card). Here is my thread from a few months back:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/BankAmericard-Cash-Rewards-change-from-Signature-Visa-t...

Hopefully it helps...

Hi lincognito,
Thanks for that helpful thread. It's great to hear of a success story! I might switch to Platinum Mastercard like you did, or I might end up applying for the Mastercard version, shifting part of the credit limit from the Visa Signature to the Mastercard. This way I can benefit from both the extra perks of the Signature and the reported credit limit of the Mastercard. What do you think of the latter strategy? 

Established Contributor
guydiver

My Cabela's signature Visa came a couple months ago, it replaced my regular Cabela's Visa that I've had for a few years now.  The new card said Signature on it with all the accompanying paperwork.  It still reports the CL, same as it did before.  Funny thing is, my statements online say I am $xxx away from achieving Signature status. Go figure.

MyFICO Forums ROCK!! & . Been There, Done That. Never Going Back! Goal>>>> 760 all 3.

Starting Score: 1/05 upper 500's??Current Score: FICO: EQ 730ish, TU 747(Barclay), EX 732(CS) Goal Score: .....800 IS ON MY BUCKET LIST! EX ,BITE ME! .:smileyvery-happy:
In My Wallet: CU Visa 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Lowe's 15K, Cabela's Siggy Visa 11.5K,Travelocity AEX 18.9K
New Contributor
OwNt

The signature cards that still do not report limits are those from Bank of America. 

Most all other lenders now report limits on signatures.

~~Credit Cards~~
Alliant Platinum Rewards Visa, AmEx BCP, BofA Power Rewards, Bank of the West Platinum, Barclay Rewards World MC, Chase Freedom/Chase Sapphire Preferred, Citi Thank You Preferred/Citi Dividend Select, Discover IT, FNBOmaha, Paypal MC, US Bank Cash+/US Bank Perks+.

Total: $300,000+ in lines.
Blogger
HiLine

OwNt wrote:

The signature cards that still do not report limits are those from Bank of America. 

Most all other lenders now report limits on signatures.

We need to file a complaint...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}