Did you mean: 

Do You Sign The Back of Your CC?

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Do You Sign The Back of Your CC?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't sign my cards but I hate when they ask me for ID. I don't know why. Isn't that why they made the chip? And if you sign the back, why they asking for ID. Takes time to go find the ID and I feel like some thief when they ask me.

What are the store policies. I don't like showing my ID. I know it is about safety but still, I don't want to show my ID

And how would you feel if someone got a hold of your card, and shopping spree and spent good 7k+ at numerous stores because none of them bothered to check id? And now you have to file a police report because the credit card company doesn't believe you're telling the truth?

If someone got a hold of my cards, I would feel protected, because that's part of what credit cards are for.  Smiley Wink

If cash is lost or stolen, there's no recourse, but credit cards provide protection against both loss and theft.

Message 31 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see the protection in having people check your credit card for a signature. With that said, in the past 5 years, the post office is the first place that has EVER checked for a signature so I dont feel the signature aspect of the card really has made it that much more safe. Not to mention anyone with the card can just mimick that signature. The chip isnt going to much help you if someone actually steals the card. Best way to protect yourself really is just to keep an eye on what goes in and out of your accounts on a daily basis. 

Message 32 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't sign my cards but I hate when they ask me for ID. I don't know why. Isn't that why they made the chip? And if you sign the back, why they asking for ID. Takes time to go find the ID and I feel like some thief when they ask me.

What are the store policies. I don't like showing my ID. I know it is about safety but still, I don't want to show my ID

And how would you feel if someone got a hold of your card, and shopping spree and spent good 7k+ at numerous stores because none of them bothered to check id? And now you have to file a police report because the credit card company doesn't believe you're telling the truth?

Ya, but that is why they would check the cameras and the times these items were bought and eventually clear me of the chargesSmiley Happy I don't mind at all.

What if someone pervert seen me with my children and had some kind of mental problem that no one knew about (psycho). Checked my ID, got my address. remembered my address and attempted to steal my kids. 

Or just remembered my info and applied for many credit cards and went on a shopping spree. Signature on the back of the card should be good enoughSmiley Happy They should make it pin activated. I still fine the Chip takes longer than swipe. I want to be in and out. They need to find a better way.

The scenario I mentioned actually happened to my coworkers husband, so he had to drive around 2 hours just to go to the city where it happened to file police report. But you know, since if similar thing does happen to you, you'd be okay with it, carry on. I think a short time showing id to the cashier is better than spending time trying to reverse fraud charges,but that's just me I guess. ☺️

Message 33 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't signed mine yet. I intend to but I continue to forget to buy a fine point sharpie in order to do so.
Message 34 of 92
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
I haven't signed mine yet. I intend to but I continue to forget to buy a fine point sharpie in order to do so.

+1

I think that's probably the best use of the ultra fine point sharpie! 

I keep one for just that purpose.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 35 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't waste your money, fine point sharpie isn't good in plastic, get yourself an industrial sharpie!

Message 36 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pretty sure i signed mine with a ball point pen today lol because thats all I had with me Smiley LOL The signature was awful and you could barely even see there was one there Cat LOL

Message 37 of 92
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Pretty sure i signed mine with a ball point pen today lol because thats all I had with me Smiley LOL The signature was awful and you could barely even see there was one there Cat LOL

LOL... mine looks different on each card I have (and really different on the BCP due to the tiny space) but it's signed and thus meets the requirement, which is all that matters!  Smiley Happy

Message 38 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Time to request for a replacement card😁

Message 39 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Time to request for a replacement card😁

LOL!! Smiley Very Happy Me to CSR: I signed my card by accident, can you please send me a new card? 

Message 40 of 92
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.