Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do all credit cards support autopay?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do all credit cards support autopay?

I am interested in getting the Huntington Voice, but I can not find anywhere if they support autopay or not. The only reason I ask this is that I had a PNC credit card and there was no option to setup up autopay online. I contacted PNC and discovered it was a unadvertised feature that even the bankers at the branch had no option of setting it up. Through special request I got the form in the mail and I filled it out. There was no confimation whether or not it was set up after I sent it. I payed it manually as I did not trusted it. Back then it was not as a big deal since I had only 1 or 2 credit cards. Things could have changed for that particular bank since then (I seriously doubt it, but I could be wrong).

So, this makes me wonder if there are credit cards that do not support autopay and if so what banks do not provide this feaure? Are there still banks out there that half support it like PNC? I am hoping this is not the case with Huntington Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
happypill
Valued Contributor

Re: Do all credit cards support autopay?

I know a few of the Comenity cards do not have an autopay option, but for the most part, it's very simple to set up autopay online for most cards.  For a smaller CU, it might be worth asking in advance (via email or secure messaging).

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

For the longest time I had only two holdouts that didn't support autopayments: my Kohls card and my Lowes Visa (was GE, now Synchrony).  Both finally gave in and supported autopay, and for a while I was able to have all of my many CC's set up for autopay of full balance on the due date.  Then I opened two CU CC's: Alliant Credit Union and Consumer's Credit Union which do not support autopay.  Smiley Sad  So those are my only two now.

Chris.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

So far it seems stores cards have auto pay for the most part, but there are some that currently that may not. I am really shocked about Alliant Credit Union not supporting autopay. Is this a non existent feature with credit unions? I have thought about opening a credit card at credit union, but I have never did much research on it. 

Of the store credit cards which ones do not currently have the option of autopay? Is care credit from Synchrony one of them?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.