Established Member
sarge

Do back door numbers really work

On the back door numbers you call I was wondering how long past a denied answer can you call to get them to reconsider their approval. And does that really work?

Established Contributor
Cory

Re: Do back door numbers really work

Depends on who opens them.....:smileywink:
1. American Express Blue Cash Preferred~2. BankAmericard Cash Rewards World MasterCard~3. BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa Signature ~4. Discover It~5. Citi Forward Visa Signature~6. CCCU MasterCard.
Established Member
sarge

Cory wrote:

I 'm not sure what you mean? Do you mean depends on the company you applied with
Established Contributor
PurpleHaze

sarge wrote:

On the back door numbers you call I was wondering how long past a denied answer can you call to get them to reconsider their approval. And does that really work?

SOmetimes it depends on your persistence. Some cases they work and some they dont ... YMMV. I used a backdoor number to recon my BofA denial. I was approved and actually given a better card (Accelerated AMEX)than what I originally apped for.

Starting Score: EQ: 633 (12/31/09) TU: 651 (12/31/09)
Current Score: EQ:633 TU: 651
Goal Score: EQ: 700 TU:700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

sarge wrote:

How long has it been and who with? You can't wait forever to recon and each issuer has their own policy. If you wait too long they will consider your CBR stale and want a fresh one. If you do not already have an account with the issuer that will probably result in a hard INQ.
Established Contributor
Cory

sarge wrote:

Cory wrote:

I 'm not sure what you mean? Do you mean depends on the company you applied with

That was just a little joke/sarcasism, not directed at you though. It all depends on who you get when you call. I'm afraid to call some of these companies now. Customer Service has so decline until, it's part of the job description to be rude for some people at least.

Cory

1. American Express Blue Cash Preferred~2. BankAmericard Cash Rewards World MasterCard~3. BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa Signature ~4. Discover It~5. Citi Forward Visa Signature~6. CCCU MasterCard.
Frequent Contributor
Karatz

sarge wrote:

Just used it. Worked just fine for me though I got transfered twice. 

TransUnion/Equifax
746/754
Date: 9/24/2009/10/02/2009

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}